Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've been trying to get some 19" Maserati Trident wheels for a replacement to my ball polished 18"s on my 2005 coupe. I have been told by the dealer that they won't fit as the radius, turning angle, will cause them to rub in the front and the rears will be too wide and stick outside of the body. For some reason there are plenty of 20"s around and tons of after market, but I really like the factory trident style. 19"s would be the wheel of choice, but I have a very hard time paying for what the dealer wants to charge- any thoughts or folks that have tried "factory" 20"s on a 2005? I understand that the newer cars are slightly wider to compensate for this. Thanks Doug

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Hello all, I've been trying to get some 19" Maserati Trident wheels for a replacement to my ball polished 18"s on my 2005 coupe. I have been told by the dealer that they won't fit as the radius, turning angle, will cause them to rub in the front and the rears will be too wide and stick outside of the body. For some reason there are plenty of 20"s around and tons of after market, but I really like the factory trident style. 19"s would be the wheel of choice, but I have a very hard time paying for what the dealer wants to charge- any thoughts or folks that have tried "factory" 20"s on a 2005? I understand that the newer cars are slightly wider to compensate for this. Thanks Doug
what "factory" 20"s are you talking about?
i don't think maserati made any 20" wheels for coupe/spyder/gs road cars.

what newer cars are you referring to? Granturismo have totally different wheels.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I just put 20's, aftermarket on my 2004 Coupe, see pix in profile and album, been driving it like a mad man since Sat morning and LOVE 'em..some of the guys said I should lower the front end a tad..it measures top of tire about 2.5" from bottom of front fender lip and rear about 1'5", car sits perfectly level and wide with no spacers so....maybe I will, maybe I wont, just not sure yet b'c the ride is so good as is and the stance of the car now....just looks nasty, ready to jump up and kill....NO rub no issues, ALL compliments from those who have seen it live...for what it's worth.
This post is worthless without pics! :)

Nevermind, you said it was in profile...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just put 20's, aftermarket on my 2004 Coupe, see pix in profile and album, been driving it like a mad man since Sat morning and LOVE 'em..some of the guys said I should lower the front end a tad..it measures top of tire about 2.5" from bottom of front fender lip and rear about 1'5", car sits perfectly level and wide with no spacers so....maybe I will, maybe I wont, just not sure yet b'c the ride is so good as is and the stance of the car now....just looks nasty, ready to jump up and kill....NO rub no issues, ALL compliments from those who have seen it live...for what it's worth.
I don't think lowering you front end is the problem here....

Your front tires are sticking out (too wide) of your front bumper and fenders! Looks like my son's Tonka toy truck. LOL

But if that's the look you like....whatever floats your boat....I guess...

Edit: Rears are OK. But those front wheels have the wrong offset. Just MHO.

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts

Your front tires are sticking out (too wide) of your front bumper and fenders! Looks like my son's Tonka toy truck. LOL

20"s look just horible just like those south american pieces of junk.

·
Registered
439 Posts

Im going to have to agree^^. It looks as if front wheels/tires are sticking out past the fenders...... :confused:
Maybe we can get straight on pics from the front or rear for a better look?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
bolt pattern for QP / GT is 5x114.3, coupe/spyder/GS is 5x108

so, the answer to your question, 20" Masi wheels on a 2005 is NO!
now that we know what you meant by 20" Masi wheels.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

what happen to sdscardino's post? deleted?

+1 on PKGS' comments.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I deleted them and moved to " Wheels in keeping with the... " thread in order to keep Doug's thread to his original question, so let's give it back to him (again) and by all means c'mon over there, be more than happy to chat with you there. Thx, S-

·
Registered
22 Posts
well from my experience of tunning jap boy racer car. 20's HAVE TO go with adjustable suspension (mainly height adjustable feature) to make it look good. with out it the car will look like a lifted saloon trying to go offroad -_-.
also some fender rolling or even a new fender is needed.
personally 20 is just too big for the car. it would be fine if you add body kit to it but then. it will ended up like a boy racer car lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts