Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I just took delivery of my Black on Cuoio Sella Granturismo...Its beautiful!

I have been changing little things like plates, pedals, Changing that dumb sign that says laser which I have to cover with carpeting by the accelerator pedal?

Whats your opinion on spending $5500 to put in tubi?

:)

Neil Z

Attachments

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Larini will be launching the GranTourismo exhaust in just a few weeks. Price will be $3800. I've pre-ordered a few sets and will post when we have them in stock.

It will save you a chunk of change and Larini makes amazing exhaust.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Folks,
I just took delivery of my Black on Cuoio Sella Granturismo...Its beautiful!

I have been changing little things like plates, pedals, Changing that dumb sign that says laser which I have to cover with carpeting by the accelerator pedal?

Whats your opinion on spending $5500 to put in tubi?:)
Neil Z
What ever system you decide on, I would suggest you do something.

Whenever I hear a stock coupe it always reminds me of what a good
decision the upgrade to a new exhaust was for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Tubi on my Maser and love it. Having any high quality exhaust really changes the attitude of the car and will have you hitting the gas just to hear that V-8.

·
Registered
99 Posts
And how much better is the sound from these aftermarket exhausts compared to the stock GS in "sport" mode? I just test drove one and it sounded quite nice.

Are the aftermarket exhausts much louder? And if you make the switch on a GS, will sport mode still make it louder, or is that feature lost with aftermarket exhausts?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Tubi Baby!

Hi. Your choice of car and colour looks fantastic. Wow! Congatulations. I have tubi on my car and its fantastic. Larini sounds good too but as I understand , its a bit too high pitched and may sound a bit motorbkeish. Is the house behind your car for sale?

·
Registered
431 Posts
bay area

NO! strike that about the house. Too many hills in SF for Maserati and I suspect too many Battybuoys!:0:D

·
Registered
255 Posts
And how much better is the sound from these aftermarket exhausts compared to the stock GS in "sport" mode?
Are the aftermarket exhausts much louder?
Having just switched from a coupe with tubi to a gransport I would say that the exhaust note is beautifully tuned on the gransport - the add-on tubi sounded MUCH louder and even after a couple of years of use it was still rather "boomy" at lower revs (frankly became a bit of a nuisance when driving in town or traffic. oh dear - I must be getting old)

However I agree that if you really want the V8 to "join you in the cabin" then go for an aftermarket exhaust. Depends on your taste.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts