Maserati Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yup, the S's are coming loose. My local dealer has a "demo" for sale as well.

I'm curious - does anyone know if the S's are sold out? Seems odd that they would still have it up on the configurator and advertise the car on maserati.com if in fact production is sold out.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yup, the S's are coming loose. My local dealer has a "demo" for sale as well.

I'm curious - does anyone know if the S's are sold out? Seems odd that they would still have it up on the configurator and advertise the car on maserati.com if in fact production is sold out.
They are not sold out. My dealer has 3 available as I type this in Cleveland, OH. On cars.com I count 9 or so and that site doesn't account for all dealers. I'm purely guessing, but I would assume there are probably 20 plus available right now for sale. Keep in mind that the first bunch that came over were demos with all the same colors, now another batch will come early next year, they didn't all ship at once. I recently heard a rumor about how many S-models will hit North America. When the car was launched, Maserati told the press that only 300 would hit North America and nothing over that limit, well now that the forecast for 2009 is dramatically worse that 300 number has now been reduced to approximately only 150 coming to North America so it may be more rare than first thought for what its worth. Again this is just a rumor, but given the economic realities I don't doubt it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
my dealer has 2 for sale on the showroom floor, and they are not the black-spec'd demos. the people who ordered these backed out. i suspect this is happening a lot, given the economy and the stock market. and i also guess it is going to get worse. with inventory building (not just S's, there were several base granturismo's and way too many QPs), the dealers will be cutting deals, otherwise they may go out of business themselves.

·
Registered
349 Posts
my dealer has 2 for sale on the showroom floor, and they are not the black-spec'd demos. the people who ordered these backed out. i suspect this is happening a lot, given the economy and the stock market. and i also guess it is going to get worse. with inventory building (not just S's, there were several base granturismo's and way too many QPs), the dealers will be cutting deals, otherwise they may go out of business themselves.
Can you tell me which dealer and what colors they have?

By the way, cars.com shows 221 Maserati available, 304 Bentleys and 380 Aston Martins. All of these are new cars on the lots and that site doesn't account for all dealers.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The cars now available at dealers or coming on eBay are either those that were cancelled orders or demos. Unfortunately, that doesn't say anything about whether production is spoken for. I am curious whether one could still specify and order an S.

The couple of dealers I have talked to say production for NA is sold out but I am having a hard time with that given all the advertising the car is getting from the factory. Perhaps this car will be more "limited" than they thought!

·
Registered
349 Posts
The cars now available at dealers or coming on eBay are either those that were cancelled orders or demos. Unfortunately, that doesn't say anything about whether production is spoken for. I am curious whether one could still specify and order an S.

The couple of dealers I have talked to say production for NA is sold out but I am having a hard time with that given all the advertising the car is getting from the factory. Perhaps this car will be more "limited" than they thought!
Several of us have mentioned in other threads that the time for doing a custom order has passed, however the way things are today who knows if that has changed, I honestly think you'll just have to ask your dealer. As I mentioned earlier, the original, official Maserati wording was 300 "S" models for North America and the latest rumor I heard was due to the lack of sales and people backing out left and right the forecast may be reduced in half, so yes the car will be more "limited", but during these times, there are plenty of unsold, limited production cars collecting dust on lots. The bottom line is don't buy the BS, simply throw out a number and be willing to walk, you hold all the cards.

By the way, I'll looking forward to seeing if the EBAY car hits its reserve, this is the true market. Right now it stands at $75K with five days to go.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i believe all dealers are supposed to stock one GT-S demo, plus a couple of customers car (ordered or to be ordered). not sure when the cut off was for a custom order.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Changing subjects

I would never order a car with that piano finish on the steering wheel, it must be very slippery and probably gets very hot if you park the car in the sun. The carbon fiber portion of my GS' steering looks great, but it has the same problems mentioned above. But at least is just on top, I can't imagine having it all around, especially in a sports car, where you need grip...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i believe all dealers are supposed to stock one GT-S demo, plus a couple of customers car (ordered or to be ordered). not sure when the cut off was for a custom order.
My dealer is selling their demo now. I was in there the other day to pick up my plates. He said why bother keeping a demo of a car he cant sell, since they have sold all of their allotments.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like this car was sold outside ebay, auction has been ended, too bad we didn't get to see the selling price :mad:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
My dealer is selling their demo now. I was in there the other day to pick up my plates. He said why bother keeping a demo of a car he cant sell, since they have sold all of their allotments.
what i meant was the dealer were forced to order a demo.
not exactly sure what the agreement with MNA as to how long it has to be on the lot as a demo before they sell it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
what i meant was the dealer were forced to order a demo.
not exactly sure what the agreement with MNA as to how long it has to be on the lot as a demo before they sell it.
I don't know the rule, but I'm curious if there is push back from the dealers to their local reps saying, look times are tough if we can sell a car you got to let us do it, demo or not.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My dealer has been trying desperately to sell the demo since the day they got it. Until they do, allotment is hard to come by (their words).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts