Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure whether this is the right place to post this...

I discovered a 95 Ghibli - 2.8L auto... 63000km. Does anyone know much about the Ghibli at this vintage year???

It looks ok from the pics... but I will reserve my judgment til I see the real thing...

http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/classifieds/view.asp?cat=15

You will need to scroll a bit down... I cant save the pics.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Vincent said:
Not sure whether this is the right place to post this...

I discovered a 95 Ghibli - 2.8L auto... 63000km. Does anyone know much about the Ghibli at this vintage year???

It looks ok from the pics... but I will reserve my judgment til I see the real thing...

http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/classifieds/view.asp?cat=15

You will need to scroll a bit down... I cant save the pics.
I think a '95 would be considered a modern Maserati so I think it's the right place (I think :)).

That's a beautiful car! Until the 2002 models, we haven't seen Masers here in the states since the 80's (save for the TC in the early 90's). In a lot of ways, that's a good thing but we did miss out on some of these beauties. Let us know how it works out!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man... I left the owner a mesage... let's see whether I will get myself something nice... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't know much, but I know a Ghibli when I see one, and that's no Ghibli. I'm sure Maserati wasn't making the Ghibli in 1995. I'd go very slowly if I were you!

Art

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a series II Ghibli (or maybe they are called something else around the world?)...

It's virtually impossible to find a decent Ghibli I in HK now... would have totally rusted out.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update

Just looked at the car... looks good from the outside - owner was quite upfront telling me it was involved in an accident sometime before but was properly repired...

Need some panel work though... some rust is showing through... not a lot but enough to raie my eyebrows...

very interesting - if the price is adjusted to reflect all that, I think it will be worth a go... plus the car is actually serviced at the dealer as my MCV... cool...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
melton7a said:
I don't know much, but I know a Ghibli when I see one, and that's no Ghibli. I'm sure Maserati wasn't making the Ghibli in 1995. I'd go very slowly if I were you!

Art
Art, this was my point. In the US we didn't see the cars the rest of the world saw. That car is a Ghibli II. The same year there was the QP IV and the VERY beautiful Shamal (looks a little like the Lambo Espada). Vincent, if you find a Shamal let me know!!!!!!

Buzz

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BUZZ, my friend, I look for a Shamal. Unfortunately I have ONLY seen one decent one in HK and the owner aint selling...

and tat's why I am looking at Ghiblis as well... they will look ultra cool together...

But then I will have 4 cars... my gf will kill me... maybe I should do this up for her... :)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Vincent said:
BUZZ, my friend, I look for a Shamal. Unfortunately I have ONLY seen one decent one in HK and the owner aint selling...

and tat's why I am looking at Ghiblis as well... they will look ultra cool together...

But then I will have 4 cars... my gf will kill me... maybe I should do this up for her... :)
Vincent, you're a guy who understands women! They get jealous of our toys but if you include them, they're happy. Might get a good back rub too :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts