Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a 1964 Quattroporte that im thinking about selling. I think it's a 64 -- I want to get title before I place it up for sale. This is what my dad pulled off the fender.

Modenaitalia
Omlog
TIPO AM107
Autotelaio NO 058

Can anybody tell me what the VIN is... 058?? Also, can anybody verify the year? I know it's earlier due to the square headlights. Thank you all for your time.

Brett

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hey,

I have a 1964 Quattroporte that im thinking about selling. I think it's a 64 -- I want to get title before I place it up for sale. This is what my dad pulled off the fender.

Modenaitalia
Omlog
TIPO AM107
Autotelaio NO 058

Can anybody tell me what the VIN is... 058?? Also, can anybody verify the year? I know it's earlier due to the square headlights. Thank you all for your time.

Brett
The 107 is the model number for the Quattroporte Series l

058 is the chassis number, which makes it the 29th car built.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Greetings all,

There has been recent discussion re the serial numbers of Maserati's on the Maser section of f-chat. It seems the Maserati did not always use all the numbers. What appears to happen is that there is in most cases a tag on the body, ahead of the radiator. (tag visible with the hood open) This would appear to be the body assembly control number, as the same numbers are stamped on minor parts of the car.
Keep in mind, Maserati did not assemble the QP1 body, that was done by an outside company. The car was then trimmed out by Vignale.
The serial number of my car is 1202 and the tag number is 351. So I would suggest that it is the 351 body built.
Regards, Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts