Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys!

I sent my GS to Auto Gallery in Calabasas last Friday to check my clutch (slipping) and some other minor issues. Just got a call from the service manager and during the call he told me that:

1- The car is due for service (oil, flushing system, software upgrade and etc..) for $1,600! My car has 15,000 miles. I thought the service was not due until 18,000. Is $1,600 for that service right?

2- He also told me that no matter what the clutch problem is, it's not covered under warranty, the whole clutch is considered wear and tear parts. He said that my disks are fine, and the problem is probably the pressure plates. He then quoted around $3,400 for the repair! I believe some guys here had clutch fixed under warranty, as long as it's not the disks, right?

3- He asked me for how long I had the car, because there's a lot of rust on the bottom, not on the body, but on some parts. And he told me that Maserati/Ferrari warranty doesn't cover rust....

Bottom line, my bill is going to be around $5k, + 2 new rear tires + $6k !!

Ouch!!

Do those numers look right to you guys?

Thank you in advance for your input, I have to decide if I'm going to let the proceed or not.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Sorry to hear and waiting for others to pipe in since its these types of things that make me hesitant jumping in. Good Luck.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Service

I have my 2003 Coupe Gt worked on by them all the time. I work with Chuck and Max,and have found them to be fair. I can not speak for the clutch mine is ok @ 23,000. The service @ $1,600 is about right on the money. I had to replace my rear tires @ around 18,000 miles at around $500.00 each.

Ron:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
check these out

There was a post recently about recommended mechanics in the LA area...here is the link:

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3783

But, yes, that quote seems about right from The Auto Gallery. With that said, that doesn't mean that you can't get a much better price with just as great of a job done. If you don't mind the drive down, I would suggest looking around at the mechanics in the South Bay, like the ones mentioned in the link.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If the price for the 18,000 miles service is in the ballpark, I wouldn't move the car to another mechanic to save a couple of hundred dollars because I live about an hour away from Auto Gallery.

But what's your experience regarding the clutch issue, are some problems covered under warranty or not?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Looking at the PO's receipts, the 18.5 service at FM Orange County was roughly $1200, although that was a little over a year ago.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Just my 2 cents...

My 04 CC is in excellent condition inside and out. Just hit 19.5K miles... Original clutch...

I just had my 18K service done at an excellent local mechanic. I posted all the details on the service thread. Bought all the parts from the dealer and FD, got the air filter and new brake pads, all fluids and the such. Total was under 1,000. My oil changes are under $250.00.

The dealer is the answer for a clutch or an F1 Pump... Basic fluids and routine maintenance can be done at a quality shop for more than half the dealer cost.

Put new tires on at 12,000K under 1000 bucks.

The key is to find an excellent shop that you trust.

Good Luck.

CM

·
Registered
86 Posts
Only one advice:
for special jobs such as clutch or F1 pump replacement go to the dealer, for everything else.....
DIY!!!!

If you need help pm me!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
my 04 in at the dealer right now having a clutch and other things done all under warranty except the clutch disk. The Dealer adjusted the clutch under warranty a few weeks ago.

I had a problem with the hill hold wich is why all the parts are bein replaced. You need to look elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my 04 in at the dealer right now having a clutch and other things done all under warranty except the clutch disk. The Dealer adjusted the clutch under warranty a few weeks ago.

I had a problem with the hill hold wich is why all the parts are bein replaced. You need to look elsewhere.

That what I was expecting, to pay for the disks only, but the service manager told me that my warranty would not cover anything related to the clutch. And by the way, he said my disk is good!

I thought we had to do maintenance at the dealer during warranty period to avoid voiding it...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The service manager just told me that he's going to upgrade my software and drive the car to see if it will fix the clutch issue. Is it possible?

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
$1900

for routine 18000 mile service last year at Ferrari of Atlanta. They did it at less than 14000 miles but said it was because of the age of the car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
~$1000 for 18K

My 18K service was around $1000 at Park Place Dallas. My total was $1358, but that included a new front tire (Michelin Pilot), which was probably around $325....

$1900 seems excessive, I wonder if just depends on what is needed to be done with the car. I'm assuming the services are not consistent.

·
Registered
528 Posts
That what I was expecting, to pay for the disks only, but the service manager told me that my warranty would not cover anything related to the clutch. And by the way, he said my disk is good!

I thought we had to do maintenance at the dealer during warranty period to avoid voiding it...
You have to document it if not having it done at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got a call from the SM yesterday saying that the software upgrade fixed the clutch slipping problem. I hope it's true because that will save me a lot of $$$! He says my clutch stiil has 50% left. Great news!

He also told me that most of the issues from my "laundry list", as he called, is not covered by warranty. Oh well...

I will pick up the car next Friday, we are just waiting for new seat electronic units (the seats are not moving forward when tilted).

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great News!

Just an update on my clutch issue. I picked up my car today at Auto Gallery, they updated my software and the clutch is no longer slipping. Car is running just fine, and I still have 50% of clutch left! :D Car has 15,000 miles.

Thank you all for the inputs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts