Maserati Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
4,250 Posts
Yes...you are bypassing the relay to test other components..It is not a fix...It is part of the diagnosis..J

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Yes! So basically the relay will be bypassed, at which time, IF the fan should come on when you start the car, you can effectively deduct that the relay is in fact, not working properly!
www.scuderiacarparts.com for new relays for your car.

·
Super Moderator
4,346 Posts
Yes! So basically the relay will be bypassed, at which time, IF the fan should come on when you start the car, you can effectively deduct that the relay is in fact, not working properly!
www.scuderiacarparts.com for new relays for your car.
Umm, surely this will only determine that the fans and so on are OK. To determine if the relays are working (or not) you'd need to see if the ECU is delivering 12v to turn the relay on?

So there's another step (IMHO) to determine if the relays are good or not.

One of these can be incredibly useful

C

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Umm, surely this will only determine that the fans and so on are OK. To determine if the relays are working (or not) you'd need to see if the ECU is delivering 12v to turn the relay on?

So there's another step (IMHO) to determine if the relays are good or not.

One of these can be incredibly useful

C
I personally would just replace the relays, they're 11 years old anyway. Then use your advice if the fans still did not operate...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you for all you guys’ advice! I will try to dignose the relays and see if they are getting power.

·
Super Moderator
4,346 Posts
I personally would just replace the relays, they're 11 years old anyway. Then use your advice if the fans still did not operate...
Meh. They're just switches. They tend to either work or not. (IME)

C

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
UPDATE:
Hello, I did some dignosing on the relays and YES it was one of the relays!

it was the middle 50amp relay in the far left. The bottom 2 are for the fans. And the middle relay was faulty. I switch the relay so I put the button relay to the middle and started the car, and my fans started working. Does not overheat anymore. But my question is, what is the relay for the bottom anyway?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
UPDATE:
Hello, I did some dignosing on the relays and YES it was one of the relays! View attachment 132753
it was the middle 50amp relay in the far left. The bottom 2 are for the fans. And the middle relay was faulty. I switch the relay so I put the button relay to the middle and started the car, and my fans started working. Does not overheat anymore. But my question is, what is the relay for the bottom anyway?
You will need (2) 'good' relays. 1 relay runs the fans on low speed, and the other relay runs the fans on high speed.

4,250 Posts
2 of the 3 large relays are for the fans...The other large relay is for the secondary air injection pump. Wouldn't to just replace all 3...You don't need Maserati relays..We use suspension compressor relays for a 2004 Range Rover....Jason

Reactions: Catmanv2

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had an 09 GT and I had to replace the cooling fan resistor a couple of times. They are ceramic and can crack. Easy DIY. I don't have the part number anymore, but it is located in the center, below the 2 fans. Just 2 screws and a plug to disconnect once you jack it up.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
2009 GT Fan Resistor... Item # 32

Although I think he found that his problem was a Relay...
2009 GT Fan Resistor.png

21 - 32 of 32 Posts