Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a cold winter in Michigan locked in an unheated garage and no trickle charger I came to my rightful punishment of a dead battery. I replaced it with a new one and now my 08' GT will turn over but won't start up. I am also getting a TPMS calibration error which I believe is unrelated and have fixed before after driving it a little. Any thoughts I where I should start trouble shooting?

4,008 Posts
I would start by looking around under the hood and making sure a rodent didn't call your home for the winter...Look up under the plastic under the hood for rats nest making materials etc...Start there..Jason

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would start by looking around under the hood and making sure a rodent didn't call your home for the winter...Look up under the plastic under the hood for rats nest making materials etc...Start there..Jason
Hi Jason,

I did the entire "clean up protocol" to make sure no new roommates had appeared, all clean. I did just get a call back from a mechanic saying it could possibly be a security feature that does not allow the car to start after a dead battery. "Reprogramming of the key should do the trick" I was told... I'm going to give it a go and see what happens. Still open to other ideas though!

Thanks

4,008 Posts
It is possible...Do you have another key? They can get messed up if you let the battery run dead on one...Better to disconnect instead...Jason

·
Registered
138 Posts
That’s a bummer... lucky you have an extra key as my GT only came with one.

I assume this is only an issue when the car is stored or it is off for many months at a time, not something to expect with a normal dead battery... right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s a bummer... lucky you have an extra key as my GT only came with one.

I assume this is only an issue when the car is stored or it is off for many months at a time, not something to expect with a normal dead battery... right?
I'm not 100% sure and hopefully won't find out anytime soon. This was the first time I had both the car stored for a long period of time and the battery die, lesson learned for sure!

·
Super Moderator
4,239 Posts
Hmm, this is odd. It would seem to imply that the entirely passive RFID chip in the key has somehow been forgotten by the ECU, while the other one has not. I personally (notwithstanding Jason's always excellent technical skills) suspect there's something else awry

C

1 - 8 of 8 Posts