Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Wooha...

Just sent an e-mail to my dealer to see if I get some additional information :D

... and I will hop into the Eurostar for Paris on the 7th.

Ed

·
Registered
660 Posts
Guys,

Have just received a reply from my dealer. I have some (very good) details, as he's been there (preview was held at a former bank building, at the vault (!) in the basement, under strictest security) but have been specifically asked not to provide any further details. It's a difficult one since I do appreciate the interest of the people at the forum, but then I value my word (one of those things you are really proud of in life...) and if I said I would not tell, then I won't.

I will just quote him saying

I have been in the motor trade for many years and been to many new car launches etc but this one really did knock me off my feet.

Nuff said. As a sideline I can add that it is a cross-over product of possibly the best FIAT Group has to offer (here I am applying a wide definition, but you can guess which company within the group...)

It is nothing like the actual Coupe :rolleyes:

I am already mouth-watering and will very likely hop into the queue once the order books open (not yet, and no pricing point defined... which is obviously an issue, esp. given the depreciation rates).

Ed

·
Registered
660 Posts
All the information that I have points towards a stunning machine.

Quoting my dealer again,

I want to open up the order banks now as I have confirmation that it will definitely be produced. We have a queue of people that want one but as of yet we have not requested deposits or order forms, my team are calling them all today to firm up their Interest so great timing Eduardo! I would very much like to offer you the opportunity of becoming one of the first people to have one as I know you are a passionate Maserati enthusiast and it is only right that you should be given the opportunity.

Checking my bank statement right now...

·
Registered
114 Posts
all sounds like good news, except for my bank account ;-) maybe
I go for the new trepiuno which will be released in summer next
year........

cheers Iwan

·
Registered
660 Posts
Mark, tough one to answer...

I think the cammo+stunts is a double-sworded strategy: it could be turn to a complete bluff if, at show-time day, people react saying "... all the fuzz for THIS..?" or it could be a bum-seater (as it seems it was in Paris) if you are confident that you have a winner.

Interestingly, my dealer said they staged a 3-day conference earlier this week primariliy to demonstrate the new 6-speed auto gear to be fitted to the 07 QPs. He then told me that, on Tuesday night, they had dinner at this "very strange building" (his words) which used to be a bank, and at one stage, everyone called down to the basement, and amidst tight security, smoke gens and lasers... the new Coupe 1:1 mock-up version was unveiled.

He told me what he saw in good detail :D

... which was jaw-dropping. His description was enough to have my hands rubbing (and make my name to be included in the order book). Expected in the UK later in the summer of 07.

Of the people in the forum, your are the one best placed to confirm the above sequence of events is true.

Ed

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
lol. lets see:

Front: Coupe's hood + Executive GT's front grille + front scoop from 997 + SLK headlamp + GS wheels + Spyder seats + 997 doors + E46 c pillar?

Back: fisker coupe + GS wheels + 599 front fenders + 997 doors+ whatever...

btw why do they call it the mistral? are they sure about the name?

·
Registered
530 Posts
The accompanying article says they're considering Mistral and Merak for the coupe and spyder - tho not necessarily in that order.

We know it won't be Bora...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Placed Order

Placed $5000 deposit today or 08 coupe. Should be delivered early summer of 07. Dealer saw the car in Paris and says it is the best looking vechile he has seen period. Should be 500 plus hp.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
RDK said:
Placed $5000 deposit today or 08 coupe. Should be delivered early summer of 07. Dealer saw the car in Paris and says it is the best looking vechile he has seen period. Should be 500 plus hp.
welcome and congrats.
i doubt it will be 500 plus hp.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I absolutely love my '06 GS....but starting to wonder if I should have waited!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Maybe I'll get a spyder to go with my coupe!!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
In the UK (confirmed) it's not going to arrive earlier than AUG 07, which would mean late 07 in the US at least. Here dealers have not yet opened the pre-order books (let alone ask for depos) if you see what I mean. There is not even a price target set yet by Factory (although chat in Paris, I've been told, suggests it will be in the QP ballpark).

In the US they will move forward with the new 07 QP with all-new 6-speed automatic, the new Coupe at a later stage, so I will not expect it being there anytime soon.

Seems they've taking your money away...

Check with Mark from Minn Maserati, he should have more precise info.

Ed

·
Registered
909 Posts
The August 07 date comes from the Ferrari chat thread, the official information that I have points to an early 08 release. We have no pricing, no official pics, no official release date, no specs etc.. Any claims otherwise are speculation.

The only official news dealers have gotten are general spec outlines, and a showing of essentially a mock-up in Paris.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts