Maserati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The January issue of Motor Trend has a story on the 08 coupe. They say the engine will be a 4.2 liter with just under 400hp. Later the engine will be upgraded to 4.7 liters. I will have to reconsider my deposit if this information is accurate. Had been expecting the 4.7 and 450 to 470hp.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since the 07 updates to the Quattroporte do not include any changes to the engine, I am starting to believe this information may be accurate. Hope they are wrong but I don't have a good feeling.:mad:

·
Registered
192 Posts
The more I hear about the 08 coupe the less likely I am to buy. My current plan is to wait 18 months and get a Gallardo (and keep my 04 CC)

-dsd

·
Registered
114 Posts
calm down, the all new Coupe will definetely have more horsepower than
a 'standard stationwagon' nowadays. output will be at least 450 horsepower.

rgds iwan

·
Registered
681 Posts
dsd said:
The more I hear about the 08 coupe the less likely I am to buy. My current plan is to wait 18 months and get a Gallardo (and keep my 04 CC)

-dsd
Same here, hope to get a Gallardo this May and then sell it/trade it in for the 08 Coupe, I am #2 on the list at Minneapolis. I don't care how much HP it has because it's going to get upgraded right away to my desired level. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
"For us the Italian market is very important," a Maserati spokesman told Italiaspeed at the show. "The most sold model here is the Quattroporte, the second is the GranSport and then the Spyder and Coupé. The market is now
anticipating the new models: in January we will show the Quattroporte with the new automatic gearbox in Detroit, while in March in Geneva we will present the new Coupé," he adds"

I read this this morning, does this sound right? Unveiling it in March? i had yet to hear any date, which is why I ask

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm also still hearing the rumor that while the new coupe will be QP based, the new spyder (now that the 8C, and perhaps Dino have usurped the spyder platform) will be Alfa based.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts