Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently received the junk title to an '07 QP. Long story short: Previous owner wrecked the car, was put in jail for unknown reasons, car was put on hold (not able to release to ANYONE except for law enforcement) by the Illinois State Police (we are an authorized State lot). After sitting in our yard for almost two years, the State released the vehicle. I sent out the required number of notices to the previous owner and insurance company, yet no one claimed the vehicle. After waiting the allotted time and finally filling the necessary paperwork, the vehicle is now legally mine. For those interested, here is the VIN #:

ZAMFE39A870030748

The odometer reads 15,451 miles. Every exterior body part except for the trunk lid is destroyed (tail lights are mint). Rims are all trashed, as well as the suspension. All windows are damaged except for the front and rear passenger. Both airbags deployed in the front seats, as well as both curtain bags (steering wheel and passenger dash air bags did not deploy). Exhaust is scuffed and dented in certain portions, but the cats are intact. Axles have been damaged, but the diff went unscathed. The radiator has been punctured as well as the condenser. Steering rack is cracked. I can't think of anything more at the moment.

Engine/trans did not suffer any impact damage in the accident. I started her momentarily to check for abnormalities; it sounded healthy to my virgin Maserati ears.

I do not claim to know anything about this vehicle, nor do I know the value of the parts. The most I can do is look on eBay or here and see what certain items have sold for/selling at.

If you are interested in a certain item, message me and we can speak further.

Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crazy story, how often does that happen?
Recently acquired an '04 Escalade in this manner, though the previous owner was imprisoned for attempting to trade fully-automatic weapons for drugs.

With higher-end luxury vehicles, not very often, though we almost acquired an '08 Flying Spur not to long ago. Finance company claimed it with days left on the clock. Same story as Maserati, owner arrested for unknown reasons.

Lots of drug/gun related seizures of late. The ISP had us tow an '02 Ranger in to our service bay and pull off the transfer case. All the gearing had been stripped, and a custom housing was placed around the shaft heading to the rear diff. Two giant bricks of cocaine were inside. California license plates.

It's a beautiful world.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The statistics on this car sound like this story I once heard - lost dog, has one ear, blind in one eye, has only 2 hind legs, burnt tail in a fire and goes by the name of "Lucky". If anyone finds him, please call.................. :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
We all are going to be interested in the spare tire kit. I'd put it on e-bay and let her go to the highest bidder. Let us know when you put it up there.

·
Registered
170 Posts
what color interior did they have?

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
complete rear seat

Hi there, what color in the interior ? Is the complete rear seat (Center console and rest arm) still available ?

Thanks

David

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Black with burnt orange stitching. I have the complete rear seat....if only I could figure out how to remove it! It is literally the last part in the car aside from the headliner.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry I disappeared, I was having literally no luck with this site and forgot about it. I came back to find a few messages requesting parts. If anyone needs anything, please feel free to PM me. I will check daily. Some of the parts still available are on eBay here:

xtac1080 | eBay

I have many more that I have not listed (engine/trans/diff/doors/sunroof/modules/etc)

1 - 20 of 76 Posts