Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have 07 QP Sport GT and twice (1 month apart) it has stalled on me when at a light. As soon as the light turns green I just barely press the accelerator and it stalls. I turn the car back on it's fine. A month later the same thing happened. The first time I had just turned on the A/C and car was a little cold so I thought it was a compressor turning on timing thing. The second time the car was driven for about 20 mins and just every day driving when it happened at another light turning green. A friend said it could be my clutch going bad. Is that possible? I don't feel any slipping when taking off. I have 7K miles on my car.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Is it throwing any codes? If so use a scanner to check the codes. Could be many things, I had the same thing and turned out to be a bad clutch position sensor.

You are under warranty still, so anything other than the clutch should be covered.

Eric

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm taking it in for oil change at dealer next tuesday so I guess I'll have them check for codes. I'm hoping it's not clutch ($$$$). My friend has 06 QP Sport GT with 17K miles and still original clutch! He drives it like a maniac!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i doubt it is the clutch.. they will check the clutch sensors. good luck.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Maybe its the variator?

Hi, I don't know if your stalling is caused by the same issue, but I had a very similar experience with my 07 QP Sport GT. When I described this to the dealership, they suggested it was the way I was applying throttle :confused:. I knew this wasn't the explanation as it didn't do this for the first 6K that I drove the car.

I started to throw an engine code which you can read about at:

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22933&postcount=6

The dealer thought it might be a timing sensor and replaced that. Unfortunately, the code returned and they ended up having to replace the variator (variable valve timing device) which solved the problem! Drives like a charm now! :D No more embarrasing and dare I say dangerous stalls in intersections! All done under warranty.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the heads up QP Sport! I'll mention that to the dealer as well when I take my car in for service.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm taking it in for oil change at dealer next tuesday so I guess I'll have them check for codes. I'm hoping it's not clutch ($$$$). My friend has 06 QP Sport GT with 17K miles and still original clutch! He drives it like a maniac!
you get the best clutch wear when you drive it like a maniac, dont pussy foot it drive the damn car so the clutch stays engaged the more the clutch slips the more it wears.... stalling???? possibly just needs a F1 bleed there is possibly air in your sytem causing the stalling ...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I drive my car pretty hard. I have a Larini exhaust and like to hear it scream! Never use Auto or non-sport.

I had to cancel my appointment with dealer for service last week because I rode shotgun in a friend's F430 Scuderia for Gumball 3000. I'll take it to dealer next week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.