Maserati Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
After I picked up the car and drove it another 10 miles or so, you guessed it! The same codes came back again, but with one more code that hasn't shown up since: P0430 (catalyst efficiency below threshold bank 2). When I tried to take it back they said it could be the ECM failing.
Just a quick FYI, I owned an almost identical model for 2.5 years, and it would regularly throw up that P0430 code, it never affected anything and never caused any issues. usually it went away on its own in a day or so.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like your oil pressure check valve on your left side bank part number 296016 , when there dirty or broken the variable timing gets all out of kilter, and then the cars throttle body trys to compensate for this the revs go up and down ruff idle , i think it can lead to premature chain wear, and misfires due to back pressure blowing holes in the plenum gaskets , and i think it all starts with not changing the engine oil enough ...and that stops the (oil pressure check valves) getting clogged and not doing there job properly

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick Update! Problem is solved, thank God! ltmax is right! intake and exhaust timing were a weeee bit off. They also replaced the solenoid for the same bank 1 and now everything is running well! Feel a difference in power too.
Hi, i got the same problem with my maserati qpv i got misfires on 1 bank 3 cylinders and the cat is getting overhead sometimes. The ignition is swaped out, sparks change, fuell pomp change and still comes back. Did you also had the cat overheating?

Can someone help me:-(

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
If the catalytic converter is overheating then this can be the source of your misfire. Check to see if you are getting any codes related to the cats, if you are, you can inspect them with a borascope camera but likely they're having issues if you have codes. We do offer both high performance Sport Cats as replacements or we may be able to provide a good set of factory cats as well.

Feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email with any questions!

Best Regards,

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Hi, i got the same problem with my maserati qpv i got misfires on 1 bank 3 cylinders and the cat is getting overhead sometimes. The ignition is swaped out, sparks change, fuell pomp change and still comes back. Did you also had the cat overheating?

Can someone help me:-(
If your cat is overheating, then that is likely your problem. The honeycomb is breaking away from the wall and the flow is obstructed on that bank. Hit it with a rubber mallet to see if you hear any rattling.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Overheating cats can be caused by a misfire. Raw gas in them generates a bunch of heat.

Hans.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's excellent news, congratulations! Now go drive the wheels off it and make that sweet Ferrari engine sing.
Fantastic News.
I felt so much for you in your struggle, almost felt like selling my own car because for sure i would be no way as cool as you have been trying to rationalise the solution.
And great thinking itmax!

Many years ago i worked as a radio and TV engineer and we all dreaded Man made faults
These are the most difficult to diagnose..

All the best to you
Hopefully many years of happy motoring 👍🎶🍺👍

21 - 30 of 30 Posts