Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all:

I have an 06 QP that I need to remove the back of the center console (the panel with the ashtray in it)

Anyone have any idea how that is mounted in? I called my dealer, and they were not sure (great answer, huh?)

Any advice is appreciated.

TIA

HJQP

·
Registered
340 Posts
remove screw in bottom of cupholder
remove cupholder
remove screw below that
bottom leather shelf should lift up \ out
two screws at bottom of panel, perpendicular to face, one on the left, one on the right, in the hole where the leather shelf pulled out
top air vents are pressure fit, start at bottom prying out, use something soft that wont scratch the wood
wires connected to that pod - remove
two screws behind that pod
entire panel should now be free.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Why would you expect a dealer to give you that information? It is how they make their living. They send the technicians to school, not cheap. And those technical documents everyone wants information out of $1,000 per month to the dealer. I would have been vague as well.
What do you do for a living. Would you be willing to help me do your job over the phone for free?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paradon: Thanks - I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paradon:

I am not seeing a screw in the bottom - are you talking about the in the bottom of the center cooler?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured it out - your instructions helped point me in the right direction (my 06 was a little different, but I got it)

Thanks again for the help!

HJQP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts