Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 GS as of late has been really sluggish out of first gear. I have to have the throttle almost half way down just to get the revs up. Any small incline and i have to have the gas almost floored and the car sputters badly at this time. All other driving situations are fine. Wanted to get a little insight before i go to drop it off and they tell me i need something, and of course not under warranty or some bs which they always seem to find. Appreciate all feed back. Thank you.

·
Registered
286 Posts
more info is needed. how many miles on car. when was it last serviced. might be plugs, wires, or fuel injectors. that is the cheapest place to start.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I have an '06 GS with 10,000 miles and have never had this problem. the worn clutch idea is possible. How are your shifts between 1-2 and 2-3rd?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shifts are fine. Fast, crisp and no slippage what so ever. I think it has to do either my battery not giving enough spark or the sparkplugs them selves. A worn out clutch would not cause the car to sputter and feel like the power is down.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I have never heard of a battery problem like the one you describe. the problem is only off the line? and not once you have moved out of 1st gear?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Be really careful with this.

If you have a bad spark situation, you could be dumping a lot of unburned fuel onto your pre-cats, which once you get going will burn hot and could disintegrate leading to some other far more serious problems.

I would avoid driving the car period until the dealer can look at it. (tow it in even)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts