Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked through posts but could not find anything definite.
My steering column tilt/telescope lock does not seem to hold very tight.
The column is not dropping by itself but seems to be damn near...
Also I think I get some road induced shake/vibration on the steering wheel due to that. Is there an adjustment on how tight the lock clamps on the column?
The car has pretty low mileage (36K) so it's not normal wear...

·
Super Moderator
3,357 Posts
It looks like there's a nut and jamb nut on the opposite side of the lever. You might try tightening it.

·
Super Moderator
3,357 Posts
No problem. Happy New Year

·
Registered
10 Posts
What ended up being the resolution here? The steering wheel does drop on my lap in my 06 GS. I am 6'3" so it is particularly troublesome. LOL

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What ended up being the resolution here? The steering wheel does drop on my lap in my 06 GS. I am 6'3" so it is particularly troublesome. LOL
There is a nut on the locking lever. Actually two of them- one controls the lock tension and the other keeps the first one in place. loosen the top locking nut, tighten the second one until the steering column lock properly, tighten the locking nut. Done!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh my goodness I am so excited! I am going straight out to the garage when I leave the office today. This has been an issue forever and I have been the worst procrastinator ever. Thank you!

·
Registered
2004 Maserati Coupe CC
51 Posts
Just resolved this on my Coupe and posted description and photo on related post here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts