Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired an 05 Gransport from my dad. It does not have the "upgraded" stereo that you can get from the factory. From the research I have done, it has the Becker Infotainment system - which is probably the worst stock stereo I have heard - EVER!!

So, I just want to do a simple upgrade consisting of a new head unit and speakers. Can someone who has done this give me some tips or things to look out for?

Also, can someone list the speaker sizes and quantity so I will know when I shop?

thanks!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
That's a nice dad. There is a ton of info here on stereo upgrades. I'm sure someone will jump in here but, try doing some searches.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Just finished my stereo upgrade on my 2005 gransport spyder 90th anniversary.
I put a mcintosh mcc404m 4 channel 400 watt amp in the spare tire wheel well.
The front speakers are focal k2 power 165 krx2 component (amazing speakers but big bucks). In the rear i put focal k2 power 130krc which are coaxial speakers.
The becker head unit came out and replaced with an alpine iva-d106 multimedia unit (dvd,ipod,navigation)
Will post pixs if interested.

I have a brand new set of dynaudio component speakers that will fit the front door speakers of the gransport. They are the dynaudio esotec 222 system if anyone is interested.
You can see them at www.khf.ca or www.dynaudio.com. all the high end audi cars
have dynaudio speakers in them.
KHF AUDIO DID ALL THE INSTALL FOR ME WHO ARE LOCATED IN TORONTO CANADA.
GREAT JOB AND VERY CLEAN.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The front speakers are focal k2 power 165 krx2 component (amazing speakers but big bucks). In the rear i put focal k2 power 130krc which are coaxial speakers.
The becker head unit came out and replaced with an alpine iva-d106 multimedia unit (dvd,ipod,navigation)

I have a brand new set of dynaudio component speakers that will fit the front door speakers of the gransport. They are the dynaudio esotec 222 system if anyone is interested.
You can see them at www.khf.ca or www.dynaudio.com. all the high end audi cars
Yes, pics please!!

I am not going to do anything crazy, just a simple upgrade will be leaps and bounds better than stock!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,

I have just had a Reus system installed in my 2006 GS. It's unbelievable and definitely one of the best car sound systems I've ever heard. I know you didn't want to go crazy but just in case you do, you should consider Reus. Amazing installation (looks completely stock with subs in the spare tire area), utilizes stock carpeting to cover the amp. Uses stock speaker sizes and I even kept the same Becker headunit for that OEM look.

I've even recently installed a Tubi and the stereo still sounds great.

http://www.reusaudio.com/

I am frequently at Cars and Coffee in Irvine, CA (I couldn't see from your profile were you are) so anyone is welcome to come listen to the set up. You'll be amazed!

Edward

·
Registered
4 Posts

You can see them at KHF.ca Your Online Mobile Multi-Media Solutions or Dynaudio - Authentic Fidelity. all the high end audi cars

Would you happen to know what size speakers are in the hi-fi maserati gransport 2006? need to replace on that is blown. rear passenger side...Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts