Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to find out if the 05' rear bumper can be face lifted onto the 03' version of the 4200 coupe? If so, what's the most cost effective way of doing so?

Cheers

·
Registered
187 Posts
Eugene said:
Just wanted to find out if the 05' rear bumper can be face lifted onto the 03' version of the 4200 coupe? If so, what's the most cost effective way of doing so?

Cheers
yes. The most cost effective way is to unbolt one off a parked maserati and run like hell.
not sure of the pricing for the rear of an 05 but expect over $2000 in parts.

not worth it if you ask me, I personally like the 03' look and am thinking of having an aggressive carbon lip spoiler make for the front bumper and having all my chrome "black pearled" to set it apart.

good luck and make sure you post your findings as well as pics of the work for us all to drool over!

Robb

·
Registered
824 Posts
If it was me I'd do the front as well, I think the 05 bumper looks a lot nicer.
Pretty expensive upgrade though -- someone on this forum did it I think.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey.. Rob.... What you suggested is just wicked.... haha... Think i'll do just that.....Stalk some fellow with a 05' 4200, wait till he turns in then it's... MUAHAHA...

I somehow like the extra mesh grilles at the rear bumper of the 05 version... Gives it more masculinity in the outlook.

Is your price of 2000 bucks based on dealer's pricing? I'm actually considering getting in the parts and doing it DIY if it could save me some. Just a matter of some bolts and screws eh...

Carbon fibre front lip is great too.. Or even a carbon fibre rear lip GS spoiler....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Eugene said:
Hey.. Rob.... What you suggested is just wicked.... haha... Think i'll do just that.....Stalk some fellow with a 05' 4200, wait till he turns in then it's... MUAHAHA...

I somehow like the extra mesh grilles at the rear bumper of the 05 version... Gives it more masculinity in the outlook.

Is your price of 2000 bucks based on dealer's pricing? I'm actually considering getting in the parts and doing it DIY if it could save me some. Just a matter of some bolts and screws eh...

Carbon fibre front lip is great too.. Or even a carbon fibre rear lip GS spoiler....
I am only guessing at the price, seeing how much comparable bumper covers are for other exotics. I would talk to the guys at Maserati of Mineapolis, they are very cool and will give you all the info you need. I am fairly sure that it is a self install job as long as it is painted the right color.

I may be contracting someone to build the lip spoiler AND a wing similar to the 360. low and adjustable. If I do I will look into a group buy and post it for interest.

You can definetly get a mesh insert made into your current rear bumper if that will do it for you. Any high end body custom shop can get the job done nice.

good luck,

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Robb for your kind assistance. I've heard great things about maser of mineapolis. So I guess that a price indication from them will be fair and representative.

Hey... A boot lid spoiler will be great. That's something that i think is lacking for the 4200's rear. Just add on some subtle fine detailing and the car will be turned into a rarer beauty. Let me know when this is happening.. I'll be most interested in it.

I don't don't get much high end body custom shops here so I guess the idea of simply adding the mesh into my current model is out.

I see that you've changed your maser shoes. Do you have a close up pic to share?

Cheers

·
Registered
53 Posts
It can be done. The front and rear end of the 05 coupe is the same as the GS. If you park them side by side, the only difference would be the side sills on the Gransport and wheels. I personally think the 05-06 coupe looks the most aggressive out of the bunch. I would also check a salvage yard for those parts too. Italian recyclers?

I dont exactly know if it would be cost effective though...

·
Registered
824 Posts
treuter said:
It can be done. The front and rear end of the 05 coupe is the same as the GS. If you park them side by side, the only difference would be the side sills on the Gransport and wheels. I personally think the 05-06 coupe looks the most aggressive out of the bunch. I would also check a salvage yard for those parts too. Italian recyclers?

I dont exactly know if it would be cost effective though...
One correction, the front lower piece of the front spoiler on the GS is slightly deeper. I believe it is 2 piece, the upper grille portion being common to both coupe and GS, the lower being slightly different for each.

I would post pics, but I am too lazy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Correct.... the bottom part is lower and sticks out farther in front of the car on the gransport. The upper part is exactly the same. I wonder if you could mount the gransport lower lip on a pre 2005 model year? It may look a bit cooler, maybe not though.

T

1 - 10 of 10 Posts