Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see what kind of power I'm working with. I want more...So we will be playing with Hi flow cat's, Test pipes, Headers(that we will make in house), Cross over pipes and Ect... I will be talking to Jeff @FD for some of his MODS also....Our Goal is to Dyno Test Every Mod and see what gains we get.....

We use A DynoJet Dyno.....

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Looking forward to the results! Let us know how it goes. Now if somone could make a longer lasting clutch.....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Really looking forward to this....

I would love to see how the BMC, the Larini, then the ECU and DBW all affect power.... I know I can feel the difference but to see it actually on the dyno would be tops!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Am In the Middle Of that as we speak......I have Clutch Company That is working with me.....I should have the prototypes Soon.....

We also Have front and rear pads that I am testing....They are working out great so far....We did some testing on a road course.On El toro MCAS base.And No problems..They felt like the harder I braked the more they BITE:D. I have Had these pads in my coupe for about 6k .Without Any ISSUES ..I will have pics Up Soon..They also have the Sensor cut out....and Same thickness as stock...

I got this car to Play around with. I am Tunning Shop. I deal mostly Supra's, Evo's, WRX's Honda's Most Of them are over 500whp. After dealing with those guy all day I wanted something different. I Liked the car But Nobody really as anything good for them...Well [email protected] Has some Really nice stuff out there.....With help from guys like Jeff and Contact's I have. I should also have some nice stuff out there for the Coupe's soon.....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
There's a very interesting article in March 2008 of

Automobile Magazine. It describes the differences between the 4.2 Liter Maserati Engine, the F430 Ferrari Scud Engine and the new Alfa 8C engine, all of which share the same block and many other components. Jeff is the best for performance parts here but there is one other vendor, Leo Nardo, but they are super expensive and Jeff is better with customer service, everything...

So the same block with direct fuel injection, variable intake and exhaust timing can make 510bhp at 8500rpm, that's what is in the F430 Scud... Ferrari themselves, not in a buy from the dealer production car but from the Gestione Sportiva, have 2.4 liter V8's that produce 950bhp at 20k rpm, normally aspirated, on leaded gasoline... The Potential for these cars is huge but someone like yourself or Jeff is needed to help add on. BTW, Leo Nardo claims a 20bhp gain from a fuel cooler they sell, not sure what it looks like but it cools the fuel from the fuel rail on the return back to the tank, something you could pick up from JC Whitney or Checker for that matter.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Jeff is already working on a new clutch, and from what I have talked with him about, it is going to be great :D

Jeff also already has a set of pads.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Jeff and you need to team up...

Between the two of you and all of us owners, we could be happy and you could be happy $.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Jeff is already working on a new clutch, and from what I have talked with him about, it is going to be great :D

Jeff also already has a set of pads.
I have to chime in here and say if this is true, it's fantastic news. Now we can all agree competition is a good thing. However, I feel that the Maserati community in itself is small enough, were cooperation would be the most effective method.

Competition works for high volume cars like BMW's, MERCs, PORSCHE, LEXUS etc. However, I think all of the people who own the coupe or spyder, and even the older QP's would agree that to finally have a place where you can buy reasonable upgrades to our cars, which can actually make the car perform and have the quality they should have always had, would be a great thing.

Its important to make sure there is are sources that can enhance the car and make it more reliable. The community would embrace a partnership. Welcome your thoughts!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I respectfully disagree. Competition will do much more for performance parts than cooperation.
Travis, under normal circumstances I would agree with you. Those circumstances being if we were talking about BMW's, MERC's and other high volume productions. But in this case, our community and the cars in gerneral are small enough, where the most effective method would be cooperation.

·
5,887 Posts
Travis, under normal circumstances I would agree with you. Those circumstances being if we were talking about BMW's, MERC's and other high volume productions. But in this case, our community and the cars in gerneral are small enough, where the most effective method would be cooperation.
I would agree that market is small and it would certainly e most cost effective for manufacturers to work together. However, competition keeps prices to the consumer down and spurs innovation. Without competition, there is rarely a strong and immediate need for developers to creat new products or improve on existing ones.

Monopolies never made the market a better place for consumers.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wanted to see what kind of power I'm working with. I want more...So we will be playing with Hi flow cat's, Test pipes, Headers(that we will make in house), Cross over pipes and Ect... I will be talking to Jeff @FD for some of his MODS also....Our Goal is to Dyno Test Every Mod and see what gains we get.....

Thanks for sharing. 337 hp, 272 lb-ft at the rear wheels... very interesting.

Is the engine stock?

Now there are lies, damn lies and dyno numbers ;)

But your 337 hp at the wheels lines up nicely (within a percent or two) with the rule-of-thumb 15% drivetrain loss (from 390 hp) that you often see on front engined, rear-wheel drive cars with an actual clutch.

Karl.

·
Registered
62 Posts
05 Coupe Dyno Sheet......need More Power
Yes you do, especially given that Dynojet gives you higher HP numbers than absolute (those not familiar with Dynojet history, see third paragraph in the article below for some interesting background).. lol sorry, couldn't help being cheeky :D Still, looks like a very respectable baseline run, will be following you to see what numbers you'll end up with. After getting our Factory for motorcycles, we figured very quickly not to trust the magazine HP reports - and always, always do baseline runs to show improvements in absolute numbers! :cool:

http://www.hotrod.com/thehistoryof/113_0603_dynojet_chassis_dyno/company_creation.html

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

So did you get any gains or any updates on that pal?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Jeff will do you right!

You will plenty of power is you install the FD ECU and DBW! I also installed a Tubi exhaust system, Denso iridium plugs, and the FD air filter. I also installed the sport springs and the 25mm on the rear and 15mm on the front. It has been on the track and I can attest to the hp and torque increase. Different car!

·
5,887 Posts
i never saw side fender vents like that, was that an option? or what year is that
The fender vents were a part of the "vintage package". Not sure when the vintage package became available but I know of at least a couple '04s that had it.

You will plenty of power is you install the FD ECU and DBW!
The DBWEM doesn't increase power. (Although, it sure feels like it with the improved throttle response!)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 23 Posts