Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have owned numerous prancing horse cars over the years, I'm now considering a Maserati GS for a daily driver. Are there any differences btwn 05 and 06 GS...especially re: shift times/gearbox mapping ?? Also, is the car truly reliable for day to day use and what seem to be the most common recurent non scheduled maintenance issues if any.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I don't think there were any notable changes from 05 to 06. My 03 has been 100% reliable since I got it (knock on wood). As of now it's my only 4-wheeled vehicle.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I have an 06 GS. I got it in October. I use it as a daily driver, but my office is close to the house, so I have only put on about 3,600 miles. There is no difference between the '05 and '06. I only got the '06 becuase I had time to custom order it last summer. I did not have an extra spot in the garage so I waited. The dealer would have discounted an '05 at the time.

There is no better daily driver on the road. period. end of story. You can not drive a ferrari as a daily driver. You drive it to drive it, not to go somewhere. The GS is as reliable as any porsche, M-BMW, or AMG MB I have owned. I have not had the GS in the shop once. It runs great, sounds great, and even in Los Angeles, I have only seen 2 on the road in the last 12 months.

I will be as excited to make my 6 mile drive to work tomorrow as the 1st day I got it!

good luck.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
there's no published or publicized changes to regular GS.
there are more encouragement to use leather in the secondary areas, as seen in their press photos, brochures.

there greatest news is the MC Victory for 06.

there was a promo on remaining 05.
there was also a promo on paying for the maserati driving course and getting a rebate on an 06 GS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts