Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
822 Posts
IdefendU said:
I have been looking for a used CC coupe, preferably 04. Anyhow, at the dealer today the car would not shift into reverse. Should I consider this a major issue that is indicative of other unseen problems in the vehicle? The vehicle had 22,000 miles on it. Otherwise, had only small interior problems and a ding or so.

Would appreciate any advice. oh, yeah...asking price was 65,000
Did it display a little red rectangular warning light on the dash?
Sometimes they won't go into reverse and the car needs to roll forward a bit (like on a regular manual).

It may just need relearning of the shift positions (dealer can do this).

Yes, price is a bit high for an 04 with that mileage.

· Registered
822 Posts
Just a quick lemon note, in some states the title is only branded if the state AG has to force the manufacturer to comply.

If the manufacturer agrees to buy back the car (as happened with my Saab in WA) before papers are filed, then they take the car, you get a new car, and the new owner (presumably in another state or the same state) is none the wiser.

I am assuming a lot of Maseratis get lemoned because they can be complicated to repair, and make it more likely they'll hit the lemon repair attempt thresholds. Quite possible they've already been fixed, just took too long to get there.

· Registered
822 Posts
MargueriteW said:
I just left my 2004 Spyder with under 9000 miles on the odometer - with the dealer. My car is a lemon and has been in the shop many, many times and was not fixed. Therefore under the NY lemon law I am due for a new car. The car you want that did not shift into reverse - well, I would be a bit leery about the car. What is its history? Be careful.
What was your car's issue? (and welcome to the forums!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.