Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently sold my beloved Porsche 911 and bought an '04 Coupe Cambio from a dealer (about a month ago) and just am abosutely enamored by the car but when I test drove it the car would sometimes, (mostly in lower gear shifts), make a slight noise that sounded like a wheel rubbing but that I've since found out, b'c it's more prevelant at times, is a "bearing or bearing joint" or some such in the transmission. The dealer has been great and agreed to fix the noise but says it's fairly common, to get the car in sometime soon but not be too alarmed, and they see this in new and used Coupes and GSports....is this accurate, is it common? Do you guys hear this noise on your cars and if so what's the diagnosis you're getting?

Also, sometimes when I start the car I get about a 10 second hi pitched beep and in the dash, beside the outside temp indicator, a flashing icon that looks like a sun comes on and off....the dealer said this usually indicates a bulb is out but they all appear to be working...any word on flashing suns?

Thanks allot,

Scott

Tom Cruise once said "Porsche, there is no substitute".....he lied.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Scott,
I imagine the 'sun' that you are seeing is actually the snow flake. It is warning you that it is cold enough outside for ice conditions.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Scott,
I imagine the 'sun' that you are seeing is actually the snow flake. It is warning you that it is cold enough outside for ice conditions.
...exactly. I believe it comes on around 35F or 37F (can't remember)

·
Registered
173 Posts
...exactly. I believe it comes on around 35F or 37F (can't remember)
Yes, it's an ice alert - beeps at 35 degrees F., then snowflake stays on as long as temp below 35 degrees. Mine came on today (33 degrees right now).

·
Registered
581 Posts
The noise sounds like possibly throw-out bearing. Pretty common - there are many threads on it. Not to worry too much if that is issue. Most wait to have fixed/adjusted until time to do clutch, but if dealer has agreed to fix by all means have it done - good time to inspect clutch as well.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx borgenhard....

...they did agree and i'm going to take them up on it....but still...whew...nice to read your reponse....appreciate that! S~

·
Registered
581 Posts
Find the long way home and don't be too worried about the little stuff - at least that is what my mechanic tells me - enjoy!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Take the long way home...

...great Supertramp song...and good advice...ok I'll relax a little now...thx allot. S-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts