Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
My friends has a 2004 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa. I work on it :)
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Coupe with 175k miles

Had no charge in AC system
Charged AC system to capacity @1.65 LBS
AC clutch won't engage

Is there a reset procedure? The previous owner states AC worked before car was parked for 3 months.
Clutch can be hand spun (not locked up)

These cars don't have AC buttons either... is there a trick?

Any advice is appreciated. Have other problems getting sorted as well; take a look at my other posts!

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Have you tried the A/C reset procedure yet? Solves for electrical gremlins. Quick search here will find the link. If your 04 is like mine, you have two buttons...ECON turns the A/C on & off...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried the A/C reset procedure yet? Solves for electrical gremlins. Quick search here will find the link. If your 04 is like mine, you have two buttons...ECON turns the A/C on & off...
Fascinating, I have not... I will try to do that!

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
No it is stock
so, the same screen that has the radio info. Left hand side you will see temp, fan speed, the arrow that indicates recirc...if it reads "ECON" instead, then the A/C is off.

Also, verify you are getting an outside temp on the dash (display between the gauges where the car door opening lights are)...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so, the same screen that has the radio info. Left hand side you will see temp, fan speed, the arrow that indicates recirc...if it reads "ECON" instead, then the A/C is off.

Also, verify you are getting an outside temp on the dash (display between the gauges where the car door opening lights are)...
Will do. Gonna try charging the system tomorrow. We vaccumed it down after we couldn’t get the compressor to come on. We will try the reset process

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
594 Posts
One member replaced the clutch without removing the compressor, I was unable because I couldn't get the snap ring off.
If you are going to replace the compressor consider bending the heat shield to slide it down the front instead of removing the exhaust manifold and jacking the engine up as per the factory procedure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts