Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again, I'm just feeling my way through the new Maseratis. I know that there were a lot of improvements, but are they worth the extra bucks? Say, for example, that I can get a brand new 04 for $85k or a 4,000 mile 03 for $65k, which one would be the better car?

Another question is which would hold it's value more? That is, in two years, how much do you think a $65k 03 will be worth compared to a $85k 04?

Thx

·
Registered
113 Posts
IMHO, Maserati's been pretty liberal about applying updates to their early-release cars. They felt the need to provide excellent support to the people taking a chance on the returning marque.

For that reason, the 2003's have been upgraded at Maser's cost to nearly the same level as the 2003/2004. For the Spyder, there are significant chassis changes that cannot be applied to the 2002, though.

I don't see much difference between the 2003 and 2004 models, though, especially for the coupes. That would lead me to believe the best value would lie with a will-sorted-out 2003 (as referenced in your other thread). Let someone else take the initial-year hit on depreciation, no different than any other nameplate.

You won't be sorry you bought a Maser - I've had a great deal of fun with our 2002 Spyder. Because they are relatively rare, even when compared to an F-car, riding around town always causes a stir. Great fun and a great car.

Brad

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think a lot depends on how long you plan on keeping car, If you plan on keeping car for a while I would go with the savings on the 2003. For me though I usually only keep cars for two years so I went with brand new so I could get it exactly the way I wanted it, and still got about $11,000 off MSRP. Figure being a 2004 with about 2 full years left on the warranty when I trade in should make up the money difference than if I had purchased a used or leftover. If Maserati gets going here in the States I think you will see the sharp deprecation slow down as they have such limited production capabilities

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
scott
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing