Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, the remote boot opening function on my key has packed up. the other key functions (door locking / opening, alarm setting etc) are fine but the only way to open the boot is via the button in the glovebox. a bit of a pain but not the end of the world.

two questions:

1. i can't even open the boot manually with the key in the boot lock - am i doing something wrong?
2. the local dealer says it will need a new key / re-coding etc @ £350. does this sound right? any other options?

i think i'd rather suffer the inconvenience!

thanks,

keith

·
Registered
153 Posts
If still under warranty, they will replace the key. If not, prise the key open carefully - once with mine, the microswitch for the boot opener broke off inside. £20 to an electrocal repair shop for a bit of solder in the right place and fixed! Dont drop the battery out for long though as it would need to be reprogrammed.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The key itself is quite easy to open. My key battery holder became loose, and thus the batteries inside were only making contact intermittently. I put a little bit of foam inside to increase the compression once the body of the key was closed, and that took care of the problem. I suspect you'll find some similar mechanical issue and be able to navigate from there.

The manual key hole is very stiff, but if you work it, you will ultimately be able to open the trunk using the key hole. Be careful, though. Rock it back and forth and put a little downward pressure on the trunk lid as you maneuver the key.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks all - will try manual intervention!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts