Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, sometimes, but not everytime, when I first start off in 1st gear there is a beeping noise that takes place (about 4 or 5 beeps). It only happens in first gear and starting out from a dead stop. No other gear makes this beeping noise. Anyone care to comment on their experience?
Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
513 Posts
this occurs when the CambioCorsa system is too hot

This happens to me often when I am within the city doing a lot of stop and go travel.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes - the warning beeps can signify that the gearchange is overheating (I have only ever experienced this once when caught in a big queue of traffic and then creeping along, up an incline, for an age.)

It is better to allow a gap to grow in front of you then drive into it than to creep along in traffic since the clutch will not fully engage until around 1500 rpm and it takes a beating.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yes - the warning beeps can signify that the gearchange is overheating (I have only ever experienced this once when caught in a big queue of traffic and then creeping along, up an incline, for an age.)
It isn't overheating, it does that because it can't keep the clutch engaged for a long period (I recall reading something about slave cylinder leakdown).

If you change to neutral every now and then you're fine.
(If you sit in first but stopped for a long period of time it will beep and shift to neutral.)

The OP's problem sounds different. Does it beep right as you move off? Or while you are sitting?

Any red CC lights on the dash? Does it stay in 1st? Does the gear indicator display ("1","2", etc.) flash?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My '02

The only thing that ever happens is when I'm at a complete stop & I step on the gas, I get about 5 to 6 beeps. No warning lights, stays in 1st, and never happens in any other gear. Just 1st.
I live in the Oakland Hills (across the bay of San Francisco) & commute into San Francisco across a bridge. I get traffic sometimes which involves stop and go, which was today and it didn't beep once. Weird!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you ever find out why your car was beeping? Mine is doing exactly the same thing...

·
Registered
460 Posts
The only times I'll hear the beeps, is when the temperature outside is less than 36F, or if I didn't release the parking brake all the way.
Beyond those 2 things...not sure. Keep us posted and good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts