Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Maserati dealer said it would be about $500-$600 for an oil and filter change so I am considering other options. The service tech did indeed say this was the price for ONLY an oil and filter change. That's it. Sounds like a lot.

I already have the synthetic european grade 5W40 oil but wondered if anyone has suggestions on right oil filter for this vehicle? Also, is there anything special about a 02 Maserati Spyder oil change that would make it difficult for a small European sports car auto repair shop that typically works on Porsche, Jags, etc.?

I would appreciate advice from anyone here that has done this themselves or has taken their vehicle to a non-Maserati dealer for oil & filter service. Many thanks!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Buy an oil filter from a Maserati dealer. Then change the oil yourself.
It's easy to do.

I have a shop manual and can copy pages for you to review before attempting. (PM me) The cost locally is about $250 for oil change.

I had access to a lift one time, and the oil change took less than an hour.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Pick up an OEM filter and take it to a good mechanic

My local Maserati dealer said it would be about $500-$600 for an oil and filter change so I am considering other options. The service tech did indeed say this was the price for ONLY an oil and filter change. That's it. Sounds like a lot.

I already have the synthetic european grade 5W40 oil but wondered if anyone has suggestions on right oil filter for this vehicle? Also, is there anything special about a 02 Maserati Spyder oil change that would make it difficult for a small European sports car auto repair shop that typically works on Porsche, Jags, etc.?

I would appreciate advice from anyone here that has done this themselves or has taken their vehicle to a non-Maserati dealer for oil & filter service. Many thanks!
I just bought an oil filter and washer from my dealer. $38.00. I also buy the oil $60.00. It takes my mechanic less than an hour at his shop.

Find a local quality mechanic with a nice shop. It should take him less than an hour, so you are looking at a total around $200.00.

CM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts