Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My guage lights will not stay lit when I turn my head lights on. They light up at first but then die and can not be adjusted back on. The car's volts are just fine and the only other electrical issue is my right turn signal not working- really nice in Philly traffic. I'm gonna check the bulbs and fuses this weekend but I was wondering if anyone had the same guage lights problem. I also noticed in reverse the other day backing on a slight hill in my driveway my brand new clutch burning. Then I remembered the previous posts you guys made about that. In the owners manual I found the "special" parking mode activated by holding the down paddle until it beeps while in reverse or first- in case anyone didn't know about that. Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Not to bust your ballz, but did you check the brightness setting for the dash and gauge lights?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Reverse - up hill

I also have an 02 cc. I have not had the electrial issue but I also have to back up a slight incline (about 40') to get to the street from my garage. When I first got the car I also smelled the clutch a time or two when backing out and I knew that could not be good.

The technique I use now is: 1. Let the engine warm up for few minutes (if cold) before leaving. 2. Put your left foot on the brake, release the parking brake and put the F1 in R (I also tried the "special parking mode" but I have never seen where it made a difference - my guess is it just slips even more). 3. Bring up the revs to and hold them at about 1500-2K (I have never looked at the tach because I am watching where I will be going - so experiment a little) and then take your foot off the brake. The car will move backwards smartly as you release the brake - so you want to be sure nothing will be in your path. Keep the revs up until you are ready to stop and change direction.

This is sort of like a mini version of "launch control" so you can't use it everywhere but it works well in the driveway. I have not smelled the clutch once since I started doing this.

·
Registered
773 Posts
clutch

hard to believe we buy a car for X+$$$$ with these known problems. and then put up with it, the clutch! men without balls. i knew i should not have gone to that proctologist. my mommy told me so. love my maserati. i am seeing a speciatist about that problem, among others

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to bust your ballz, but did you check the brightness setting for the dash and gauge lights?
Like I said, they can't be adjusted back on once they fade off. They usually die after 5- 10 minutes. But the rest of the dash lights stay on. Somethings probably loose and if I get time this weekend I fool with it. It's snowing here right now, after it was just 80 degrees on Wednesday, so it's no hurry. Plus my right turnsignal doesn't even come on at all.

Did you guys see that video on youtube of the filthy rich guy (no offense to anyone) over in the UK that bought an MC12 and took it on a 6 hour trip in the snow to a track and then put it into a wall. He said so what and drove it home. Sorry if a repeat...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FCm31-SqIjk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts