Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I seem to be afflicted by the same problem many other have at the moment: CC issues causing the car to stop.

My car runs perfectly fine except that at some point just stalls. This problem never happened to me personally so I cannot report all the symptoms correctly. The mechanic who replaced the F1 pump that failed just before this problem surfaced, said the car "stalled".

While driving the car from my mechanic to the dealer the car drove beautifully.

The car is at the dealer now and they're suggesting dropping the transmission to check the problem, which they claim will be a three day job costing me around 1,917 USD (i'm not in the US, but in the UAE) just for diagnosis as they don't know what is wrong with the car. Is this possible?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have read the thread. But... the pump part has been taken care of already. Initially my pump died and was replaced (done outside the dealer).

Now, the problem must be something else other than the pump. what the dealer mentioned is a possible leak in the actuator. Which might cause of a low level of fluid in the system (though they didn't say whether the level was low).

SD reads show pressure dropping very fast between gear changes causing the pump to work a lot.
I am afraid the reason for the first pump failure was the fact that it had to overwork. Even now I can hear the pump working very often though not continuously (which instead would be a symptom of a bad relay).

So... could the "leak" either of fluid or pressure in the actuator be the reason why the pump has to work too much to keep pressure levels up?

And if the problem is with the actuator... is the "removing the transmission" part valid or the actuator can be accessed without removing the gearbox?

Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts