Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
The original leak turned out to be coolant..a hose was cracked smh. Other then that I'm still getting low pressure on all the fuel injectors.. engine turns over but will not fire up. Ive inspected all the wiring and none seems to be broken. I charged the battery up completely and still won't start. I do hear priming when I open the driver door, it sounds like it's coming from the back area. I'm so confused to how it was driving just fine and then stalled and wallah shut off and wouldn't start no more馃槩...I did have a fuel leak behind the back seat, the gas tank was recently repaired.

Registered
Have you verified that you have a spark on cylinder 8? I'm wondering whether something is shutting down the fuel/spark ignition based on something that happened after the gas tank work.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Update!! Car finally running馃榿馃榿 out turned out to be a gas shut off switch that was activated somehow smh and a blown fuse that was somehow overlooked馃う馃従鈥嶁檪锔 dumb me!! Thanks a million to all of the help!! I'm learning

Super Moderator
Update!! Car finally running馃榿馃榿 out turned out to be a gas shut off switch that was activated somehow smh and a blown fuse that was somehow overlooked馃う馃従鈥嶁檪锔 dumb me!! Thanks a million to all of the help!! I'm learning
Good news!

C

Registered
I admire your persistence and I don't like to give up on cars either. However, I think if I got that car running well, I might consider selling it for something that is more maintainable by your local resources.
I've had several different cars and try to do most of the work myself. There was one car (a 2007 BMW X5) that was constantly a problem. It seemed like something different broke on it each week. After a while it got to the point where I felt like it was possessed. I sold it to Carmax just to get rid of it and never looked back. It was by far the worst car I have ever owned. By contrast, I owned a 2002 BMW X5 that was very reliable and had 25K more miles on it. Good luck and I hope you get some enjoyment out of it this summer.

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks and yes I hate to give up smh I refuse to accept defeat from a car 馃槀馃ぃ馃槀

Premium Member
Great news! I suspect as soon as you learn enough about these machines to make ownership enjoyable, you'll sell it lol!

Registered
I admire your persistence and I don't like to give up on cars either. However, I think if I got that car running well, I might consider selling it for something that is more maintainable by your local resources.
I've had several different cars and try to do most of the work myself. There was one car (a 2007 BMW X5) that was constantly a problem. It seemed like something different broke on it each week. After a while it got to the point where I felt like it was possessed. I sold it to Carmax just to get rid of it and never looked back. It was by far the worst car I have ever owned. By contrast, I owned a 2002 BMW X5 that was very reliable and had 25K more miles on it. Good luck and I hope you get some enjoyment out of it this summer.
Funny. We went from a 2004 X5 to a 2007 also and the '07 was always breaking down. It was the end of the brand for me after 4 other BMW....

Registered
Funny. We went from a 2004 X5 to a 2007 also and the '07 was always breaking down. It was the end of the brand for me after 4 other BMW....
snap. 2001 530i... perfect. 2007 523i the greatest POS I've ever owned, and I've owned some piles of [email protected] Greatest feeling ever when that drove away from my house.

Congrats Damien on getting there.... what a feeling. Raging I didn't think of that fuel cutoff switch... common Italian (and others I'm sure) "feature"
I once spent seven months tearing an Alfa 166 apart coz a fuse kept blowing intermittently leaving me without lights and heating. Turned out to be a round heated seat plug with a +12v contact on the outside(!) rolling around under the seat and occationaly making contact with handbrak assembly and blowing. The feeling when I discovered it - oh man

Registered
I'm confused- Jason was the person helping him problem solve through fixing his car, but he's a bad guy?

Registered
I actually think people on the forum (especially Jason) have been trying to help Damien with his issues.
I also suggested he might consider a different car for 2 reasons:
1. This SPECIFIC car seems to have a lot of problems. In my last post, I gave an example of a BMW X5 that was very problematic for me. I'm not going to avoid all BMWs in the future, but probably will not get a 2007 X5.
2. He lives hundreds of miles from a competent Maserati mechanic. He was not confident in some of the local resources he was able to find. It is hard to enjoy your Maserati if it breaks and you can't get it fixed.

Obviously, most people on this forum are fans of Maserati and don't want to discourage others from ownership. We know there are certain issues with some models, years, engines etc. I'd like to keep as many members (and new members) on the forum as possible. I do hate to see someone suffering with a problem car though. I'm really hoping Damien has worked through the initial "bugs" on this car and gets to enjoy it.

Registered
With Winstons posts removed, someone reading through this thread will think Jason is being a total a-hole to mas430 with his "english", and stingray with his "anger issues". Its kinda funny now if your know that those responses were for posts that were removed. Lol

Registered
With Winstons posts removed, someone reading through this thread will think Jason is being a total a-hole to mas430 with his "english", and stingray with his "anger issues". Its kinda funny now if your know that those responses were for posts that were removed. Lol
hahaha - yep the whole thing does read funny
I was tracking it last night, and I knew this was going to happen so I screenshotted the whole thing.

$50 a copy ;)

It shouldn't have happened as he should have been booted last time he pulled this...What does a person have to do to get thrown off a forum? Geez...J

21 - 40 of 42 Posts