Any high milage QPs in here ? - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 10-05-2018, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any high milage QPs in here ?

I've got a 2014 QP that just hit 120,000kms (75,000miles).

Been a great runner besides regular upkeep, no major issues!

I've got the highest mileage 2013+ QP as far as I know.

How much mileage have you got on yours and what issues have you experienced ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-27-2018, 02:28 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 6
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wow, you just made me feel super better about mine, just got me a 14 GTS, While I was really worried about maintenance and fixes, I didn’t know you could go up to 120k without major issues

Any advise ? What was the average you drove a year ? And how much an average you would spend on maintenance and fixes a year ?

Thank you!
post #3 of 9 Old 10-28-2018, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony NS View Post
Wow, you just made me feel super better about mine, just got me a 14 GTS, While I was really worried about maintenance and fixes, I didnít know you could go up to 120k without major issues

Any advise ? What was the average you drove a year ? And how much an average you would spend on maintenance and fixes a year ?

Thank you!
I drove about 24,000kms(14,000miles)/year. Your engine is different. The GTS comes with a TT V8. Mine is a TT V6 so we may not experience the same maintenance/issues.
They key is to drive it and maintain it well. I drive mine everywhere in all weather conditions. Its definitely not a garage queen. I drive my Maserati more than my Range Rover.

I didn't really have any issues other than regular oil changes, brakes, tires etc. Now after 120,000kms I might start getting some issues as with any other car. Will sell mine in the next few months and get a newer lower kms QP.

There are a few independent garages here in Toronto to choose from for servicing depending on what needs to be done. I never took it to dealership for out of warranty stuff. Find an independent who know these cars well and have the equipment.

post #4 of 9 Old 11-29-2018, 03:33 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 59
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think the TT V6s will prove more reliable than the TT V8s.

Wife's: 2017 Levante
Mine: 2014 QP GTS
Hauler: 2017 F-250 KR

Previous DD: 2015 Ghibli SQ4
post #5 of 9 Old 05-30-2019, 05:58 PM

Just took ownership of a drop dead gorgeous 2014 GTS. It had 41k mi. when I picked it up. We drove from Charlotte to its new home 40 mi. south of Savannah. It won’t be a daily driver; I expect we’ll rack up plenty miles going to Atlanta, Bradenton, and points south. As I do most maintenance myself, I’ll be leaning on experts on this forum from time to time. For now, we are thoroughly enjoying our first Maserati. It is a beauty.
post #6 of 9 Old 06-15-2019, 03:13 PM

2014 GTS.....getting ready for 80k....daily driver. Gets me back and forth about 180m per day. All highway.

Yeah, maintenance is harsh, but local shop handles most of the easy stuff: tires, brakes, etc. Better rates and more responsive than dealers. I get the parts, they charge minimal price for labor.
post #7 of 9 Old 06-23-2019, 03:12 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 9
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
2014 S Q4 - 56k miles - Only issue was keeping it in storage too long and the [original] battery died. Then, at the same time, the suspension module failed. Both replaced [after a long diagnosis period] and all was well again. I agree with the previous replies that normal maintenance like brakes & rotors, tires, and oil changes can be pricey, you can find a local shop that does it just as well or better for less.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-23-2019, 04:45 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 5
Wow! That’s crazy. High miles and no issues? I’m thinking about picking up a pre owned 2014/15 one sometime soon.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-23-2019, 04:48 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by evese View Post
2014 S Q4 - 56k miles - Only issue was keeping it in storage too long and the [original] battery died. Then, at the same time, the suspension module failed. Both replaced [after a long diagnosis period] and all was well again. I agree with the previous replies that normal maintenance like brakes & rotors, tires, and oil changes can be pricey, you can find a local shop that does it just as well or better for less.
On the topic of maintenance how much would the regular stuff cost and what intervals assuming US market. I’m on the fence about getting a QP or something else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode