2014 QP6 Wind and Rear end noise - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-25-2018, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Angry 2014 QP6 Wind and Rear end noise

I have a 2014 GTS 30k miles under warranty. Two things driving me crazy and the dealer is clueless.
Wonder if anyone else has experienced:

1. Drivers side door sounds like I'm driving with the window open slightly. Dealer says nothing wrong . I have placed GAP tap around the seal of the door and the noise reduces significantly. I asked, but denied, to just replace the seals. Seems pretty simple and cheap way to correct.

2 There is a distinctive CLUNK when you put the car from Park to Drive to Reverse. There used to be a double clunk but they replaced some bushings and now I am down to 1 clunk.

Again going back to a different dealer this time for both items. Its an hour further out but larger dealer and i assume more experienced technicians.

All in all its pretty weak support on the maintenance and warranty of these cars.. Something I would never expected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-25-2018, 04:31 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 16
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdecarlo View Post
I have a 2014 GTS 30k miles under warranty. Two things driving me crazy and the dealer is clueless.

1. Drivers side door sounds like I'm driving with the window open slightly. Dealer says nothing wrong . I have placed GAP tap around the seal of the door and the noise reduces significantly. I asked, but denied, to just replace the seals. Seems pretty simple and cheap way to correct.

2 There is a distinctive CLUNK when you put the car from Park to Drive to Reverse. There used to be a double clunk but they replaced some bushings and now I am down to 1 clunk.

Again going back to a different dealer this time for both items. Its an hour further out but larger dealer and i assume more experienced technicians.

All in all its pretty weak support on the maintenance and warranty of these cars.. Something I would never expected.
Is your window shutting completely. Occasionally my driver window drops a fraction as you open the door, but fails to come back up when you close it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
post #3 of 11 Old 09-08-2018, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

I wish and good suggestions so in my case door panel. Off window track adjusted in! On the rear noise clink replacing under carrige. In rear Not back yet but promising resolution. In the end experienced dealer made a vast difference!!!

post #4 of 11 Old 12-24-2018, 01:41 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 7
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdecarlo View Post
I wish and good suggestions so in my case door panel. Off window track adjusted in! On the rear noise clink replacing under carrige. In rear Not back yet but promising resolution. In the end experienced dealer made a vast difference!!!
I just purchased a 14 QP GTS and also have this "clunk" noise that you describe when shifting into reverse or drive and also when downshifting to first when the care is in NOT in manual. Any luck getting this fixed? I am trying to figure out if this noise is okay or if I am doing damage by not fixing it.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-25-2018, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

They adjusted the bottom of the window in and it made a bigbdiffersbe. But in the end our the car is junk poor key built and service is a joke. Sell
post #6 of 11 Old 02-12-2019, 09:20 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 65
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnDemand.com View Post
I just purchased a 14 QP GTS and also have this "clunk" noise that you describe when shifting into reverse or drive and also when downshifting to first when the care is in NOT in manual. Any luck getting this fixed? I am trying to figure out if this noise is okay or if I am doing damage by not fixing it.
Did you figure this issue out? I also have a 14 QP GTS with the clunk downshifting to 1st in Auto mode. I still have a few months of warranty left, so I wonder if I should request a transmission oil change, or if there is some other mechanical issue.
post #7 of 11 Old 02-13-2019, 01:35 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 2,204
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Usually stuff like that is gonna be fixed with a software change ...Jason

ASE Master Tech. 29 years experience
Ferrari, Maserati, Land Rover, & Jaguar technician.
Guru in Atlanta of Jaguar V12 & XJS cars.
post #8 of 11 Old 02-13-2019, 02:39 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 7
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have no idea what this clunk noise is but if I were you I would get it addressed if you have a warranty. Keep us posted on what the noise actually is!
post #9 of 11 Old 02-17-2019, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=mdecarlo;930179]I have a 2014 GTS 30k miles under warranty. Two things driving me crazy and the dealer is clueless.

2 There is a distinctive CLUNK when you put the car from Park to Drive to Reverse. There used to be a double clunk but they replaced some bushings and now I am down to
post #10 of 11 Old 04-25-2019, 02:55 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 65
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Well I took my car to one dealer, they test drive it and said it was fine. Took it to a second dealer, sat in the car with a tech and shifted from P to R to D a few times, and he agreed that the clunk was abnormal. Dealer ended up replacing the differential under warranty, and the clunk is pretty much gone. My loaner cars were a ghibli and levante, and neither one had the clunk, so it's Def not normal.
post #11 of 11 Old 05-03-2019, 03:08 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 8
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Also have more-than-normal wind noise on the driver side of my 2017 Gransport. Dealer supposedly adjusted the window - no help. Seems like the seals are dried out and just don’t seal, but no offer from the dealer to address it. The window is going up all the way. Just not sealing on the vertical edge.

Very annoying. Anyone have this and find a resolution?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode