Navigation cd"s - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 10-06-2013, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Navigation cd"s

I just purchased a 2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT and discovered there were no navigation CD's. Am I looking for a set of CD's covering the USA or just one CD covering the USA? The dealer says he will get me a navigation CD. Please explain what I will need and approximate cost. On Ebay I see different Cd's listed for different groups of states in the USA but not just one CD covering the whole USA. Please elaborate, thank you.
Naif Makol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 10-08-2013, 04:30 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 7
cd's

I'm a total noob, just getting my QP 2 days ago. However, I am pretty sure on this. There is no "CD". It is a book of CD's as you described. Also, it is unfortunate, but I don't believe there is any upgrade CD meaning you cannot get a new CD that has addresses created after your CD. So, I would just buy the CD you need for your area.

I believe most people say just scrap the idea all together, and add a single CD slot for your music, and by a garmin or equivalent.

I would hope to be corrected on this, but so far, this is what I have read.
post #3 of 29 Old 10-08-2013, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 5
Thanks for the info and your response.

post #4 of 29 Old 10-09-2013, 11:45 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 252
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I bought an '07 QP last year and like both of you I discovered navi cd's were missing. I felt a burning need to get them and make the car 'complete'. I was fortunate to find a set for sale by a member here and bought them.

Unlike my Honda Ridgeline that has a single navi CD, these cars have a collection of CD'.s For example the CD I used covers FL, GA, SC, AL, etc - several of the southeastern states. The full set is a collection of CD's that break US up in to 7-8 CDs (not a single DVD). That is why you'll see single CD's for sale on eBay. Sellers keep the CD for their area and unload the rest. All that said - I'm happy to sell you my set of CD's. I bought them, installed the FL CD, and after seeing how amateur the resolution and outdated these are with relation to new road construction - they are absolutely useless. I've never used a single one other than the day they arrived to see how it worked. Once you do install a cd, figuring out how to navigate and enter an address is arguably the worst user interface I've ever encountered. I use my iPhone and Google's Map's with free turn-by-turn voice directions. My advice - find something much cooler to spend money on like LED lights for the footwells, courtesy lights, under mirror lights, etc and replace those yellowish factory bulbs.

Current Garage:
07 QP EX GT/Grigio Touring Metallic/Nero
08 Honda Ridgeline/Sliver/Gray

Sold but not forgotten:
91 Acura NSX/Formula Red/White (not sure what the name of that white leather was)
03 BMW M3/Leguna Seca Blue/Gray
post #5 of 29 Old 01-17-2014, 03:30 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 35
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Had the same problem and connected with a guyin California on eBay. Seems thesecars are exported to Asia and the Nav CDs are removed and made for sale. They are open to a price for a group of them as they are not available from the dealer or Nav Teq who made them Agree the system is lousy and when I really have to find something I use my trusty Garmin Nuvi with free lifetime updates. Jim Lane

07 QP Exec
91 Chrysler TCby Maserati
08 E350
post #6 of 29 Old 01-17-2014, 07:31 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 562
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
I hope someone reads this before they purchase them, but IMHO you are wasting your money. The NAV is absolutely crap! You'll probably not use it it more than the first or second time. Get yourself a phone mount and use your mobile for the NAV. You'll be better off!

Maserati GranTurismo S
Mercedes SL55 AMG
Mercedes E350
Mercedes ML350
Maserati Quattroporte Exec GT (Gracefully Retired)

post #7 of 29 Old 01-23-2014, 02:30 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 188
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I bought the whole set and now I have a ton of discs that I don't need. SO, if anybody wants a disc for a region that I'm not using, hit me up..I'll cut you a sweet deal!
post #8 of 29 Old 02-10-2015, 03:51 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 17
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Has anyone taken a look at the nav data format? It might be possible to create very up-to-date nav CDs based on current data. Need to know the format to burn the disks though.
post #9 of 29 Old 02-10-2015, 01:36 PM

Cool Gps

I did find a seller on eBay and bought all discs. They are marginal in use. My solution was to get a GARMIN Nuvi with Bluetooth. I mounted it above and to left go in dash system using a STEELIE MAGNETIC BALL MOUNT. The result is great. I run cord to rear cigar lighter outlet". STEELIE uses 3m adhesive and comes off wood veneer with no problem

Also did stalk Sirius unit that mounts into front lighter. Purchased a kit to wire it and iPhone betwee CD player and radio.

If you need contact me 865-386-1216

Jim Lane
LOUDON Tn

07 Quattroporte exex
1989 Maserati 228 coupe
91 TC maserati
2002 TBIRD
E350 Mercedes
post #10 of 29 Old 07-14-2015, 06:34 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 3
Hi - just bought a 2008 QP and no NAV disks - would you cut me disks for AZ, CA, NM, UT? I will pay you.
post #11 of 29 Old 07-14-2015, 06:36 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 3
Hi - just bought a 2008 QP with no NAV disks - I live in Arizona, how much to cover the southwestern USA?
post #12 of 29 Old 07-14-2015, 03:20 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 9
does anybody have idea where can i buy navigation dvd to my 2005 QP?

There are no dealer in finland, and i need finland/europe maps?
post #13 of 29 Old 07-15-2015, 12:52 PM

Suggest forgetting about it as they are useless. Nav system on the cart is crap. Get a NUVI Garmin and use a Steelie Ball mount (magnetic) and since it uses 3M adhesive can be removed without harm wood veneer. Looks great and is way better than anything

Jim Lane
Loudon TN
89 Maserati 228 BiTurbo
91 Maserati TC Yellow Ginger
2002 Ford T Bird Retro
2007 Maserati QP Executive
2008 MB E350
post #14 of 29 Old 07-15-2015, 09:52 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 9
I have tomtom gps what im using, but i want that nav system on car works, and now it doesnt have finland maps at all.
post #15 of 29 Old 07-16-2015, 02:57 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 349
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Here's one of the disks from almost full (Alaska and Hawaii are missing) set for the US, claimed to be 2012 update for all 2004-2012: Update 2004 2012 Maserati Quattroporte Navigation CD Cover North Midwest U s Map | eBay

Price is 190$ per disk. Ouch...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode