Power mirror folding in too far - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-20-2019, 05:20 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Power mirror folding in too far

When I fold the power mirrors in, the passenger side is folding in further than it's supposed to, it hit's the window. If the window is open it goes past the opening of the window. I've tried gently forcing it out when it's in the closed position and it does settle into where it should stop, but then when I open the mirrors it folds out too far. How do I adjust this?

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

2013 Maserati Quattroporte S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-23-2019, 02:37 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 847
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Use the control to position the housing in the out position. Then with hands gently nudge the housing towards the window. You should be able to feel it fall into a detent when it’s in the normal position. Then test by using the control to retract & extend. If it repeats the bad behavior, it’s the internal mechanism of the housing which is suspect. I can’t recall whether the housing uses a gear or a cable for adjustment.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-24-2019, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 58
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissthebricksdad View Post
Use the control to position the housing in the out position. Then with hands gently nudge the housing towards the window. You should be able to feel it fall into a detent when itís in the normal position. Then test by using the control to retract & extend. If it repeats the bad behavior, itís the internal mechanism of the housing which is suspect. I canít recall whether the housing uses a gear or a cable for adjustment.
I'll try to mess with it a little bit more, there are a couple of times it stopped where it should, but 99% of the time it comes in too far.

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

2013 Maserati Quattroporte S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode