Maserati Forum banner

Auto Dim mirror

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Ralph_Manders 
#1 ·
I have a normal mirror in the QP and I wondered if I got an auto dim OEM version - would it be an easy retrofit?

#8 ·
Hi,
A question that perhaps is not relevant for this thread - but what is the button on the thing that hangs down from your mirror position on your photo used for? I have that thing on my QP2007 also, and have not found instructions in the manual what to use it for.
Regards,
Olov

#5 ·
Hi Stephen, I was away for a while, so sorry for the late response. The dome light is just clipped, so pry it out with soft tools. The mirror is a standard FIAT type, so there is a glued part on the windshield, and by removing the covers, just clipped, around the mirror base you should push the mirror upward, and than it’ll come loose. You probably have a wire for the rain sensor, just root around where that is comming from (and I needed the domelight hole to find the connector) and you’ll find the connector you need to feed the dimmer on the mirror.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.