Qp gts at Enzoís for dbw and sports cat - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 05-29-2019, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Qp gts at Enzoís for dbw and sports cat

Took my qp to Jason and Vance at Enzoís in Atlanta to have a full service check and most importantly to get the dbw and sports cat installed. Vance just called and said the beast is ready for pickup. I canít wait to get it tomorrow and see how loud she screams. Thanks Jason for getting this done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 05-29-2019, 09:04 PM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 882
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Please let us know how you like the sport cats. I am running pure straight pipes now with a Larini X-pipe, which sounds great and very fast, but I hate the smell. I'm thinking of installing single, 200 cell cats, and keeping the rest of the existing setup.

Also, who makes them? Larini?

Erik Di Somma
2005 Quattroporte
1989 228 (past)
1985 Quattroporte III (past)
post #3 of 21 Old 05-29-2019, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Hey Eric I will def let you know when I pick it up tomorrow. I got the FD DBW and the Larini sports cat from Shawn at FD. The wife gave me the green light so I couldn’t resist. I’m driving back to Myrtle beach from Atlanta so I’ll let you about the sound and see if there is any highway drone. Looking forward to see how it drives with the dbw. It an 09 qp gts so I’m nervous about the sound as I live in a quiet gated community.

post #4 of 21 Old 05-29-2019, 09:48 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 294
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Congrats on the new setup Kolohe! It's all good, right up until the green light part, lol... (Just yanking your chain)
What do I know, i'm a single guy 8-)

who u r, u r forever....
1998 F355 Berlinetta
2008 535i
2014 GT MC Sportline pkg
post #5 of 21 Old 05-29-2019, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Haha thanks timado �� I hope my neighbors have ear plugs, he is Italian and owns the local Italian restaurant so I know Geno won’t mind. My next item might have to be the courtesy light you have in the door. I hope you hear me driving out of hotlanta tomorrow. Be safe Dosh
post #6 of 21 Old 05-29-2019, 11:10 PM

LOL, you're welcome bro'
And let me know if you need a hand with the courtesy lights, they have been way more of a hit than i was expecting.
Female valet the other night pulled my car up, got out and said... and i quote, "Sir, those are fucking sweet!" Then the guy valet proceeded to throw some shade by saying, "lots of cars have those nowadays," to which she replied, "lot's of cars aren't Maserati's!"
BOOM!! Game over, queue music, roll credits, sunset.... ha ha ha

Keep that speed in check rolling out of Hotlanta headed back to the beach, though i know that will be near impossible with your newly refreshed "beastmode setup," I'll hear ya.

8-)

who u r, u r forever....
1998 F355 Berlinetta
2008 535i
2014 GT MC Sportline pkg
post #7 of 21 Old 05-29-2019, 11:38 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 2,414
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolohe View Post
Haha thanks timado �� I hope my neighbors have ear plugs, he is Italian and owns the local Italian restaurant so I know Geno wonít mind. My next item might have to be the courtesy light you have in the door. I hope you hear me driving out of hotlanta tomorrow. Be safe Dosh

Don't worry about the neighbors...You have valved mufflers and with them closed it is pretty docile sounding....Jason

ASE Master Tech. 29 years experience
Ferrari, Maserati, Land Rover, & Jaguar technician.
Guru in Atlanta of Jaguar V12 & XJS cars.
post #8 of 21 Old 05-29-2019, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Haha thanks Jason. I forgot to mention i found a xpipe on eBay called the urutul and had Jason put that on with the setup. The xpipe look nice and clean and it was relatively cheap. I’ll keep everyone posted on the sound and number of tickets I get driving to the redneck riviera.
post #9 of 21 Old 05-30-2019, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Timado. I will def be asking how you installed the lights. I tried on mine but they sur were not plug in play. I think the lights look classy
post #10 of 21 Old 05-30-2019, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolohe View Post
Timado. I will def be asking how you installed the lights. I tried on mine but they sur were not plug in play. I think the lights look classy
Thanks bro, I got you!

who u r, u r forever....
1998 F355 Berlinetta
2008 535i
2014 GT MC Sportline pkg
post #11 of 21 Old 05-30-2019, 01:40 PM

InnerCircle

One neighbor at a time, I've been approached during cold starts in the morning. Every time I expect a complaint, they just say "damn that sounds awesome." That's straight piped. No cats, X-pipe, and wide open all the way back. Zero cabin drone and very quiet in the car at any speed. All you hear is the faint echoing of the trumpet-like exhaust note on surrounding buildings.

True story: About 2 months ago, I got pulled over by a city police officer. He walked up to the car and said "man, I see you all the time and I just had to tell you that your car sounds insane! I love it."

Erik Di Somma
2005 Quattroporte
1989 228 (past)
post #12 of 21 Old 05-30-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikDiSomma View Post
One neighbor at a time, I've been approached during cold starts in the morning. Every time I expect a complaint, they just say "damn that sounds awesome." That's straight piped. No cats, X-pipe, and wide open all the way back. Zero cabin drone and very quiet in the car at any speed. All you hear is the faint echoing of the trumpet-like exhaust note on surrounding buildings.

True story: About 2 months ago, I got pulled over by a city police officer. He walked up to the car and said "man, I see you all the time and I just had to tell you that your car sounds insane! I love it."
Very sweet!!! I had a 'cop like' experience myself where he lit up the 'blues' pulled up next to me then gave me the thumbs up before he sped off!!! These cars are rolling symphonies

who u r, u r forever....
1998 F355 Berlinetta
2008 535i
2014 GT MC Sportline pkg
post #13 of 21 Old 05-30-2019, 07:11 PM

InnerCircle

I'm thinking of getting the Fabspeed final bypass. The current setup has hollowed finals but it sounds odd at a few sections of the RPM spectrum and only sounds good under load. The empty space in the finals creates resonance issues depending on RPM and either amplifies certain sounds or completely deletes them, depending on the revs. A straight pipe in place of the muffler will remedy this, I believe.

The only thing stopping me are the tips of the Fabspeed. They are not tapered to match the contour of the Maserati bumper. So, I'll need to have them custom cut.

I developed a new appreciation for Fabspeed after hearing their cat-back bypass pipes for the LP640. Incredible. Everyone has tried to make that car sound perfect and missed the mark, and Fabspeed has done it. SOL (Supercars of London) installed them. Check out the YouTube channel.

Erik Di Somma
2005 Quattroporte
1989 228 (past)
post #14 of 21 Old 05-31-2019, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Alright Eric I just got to Myrtle and drove 5.5 hrs at 80-90 mph. In normal mode and basic mode on the dbw it is nice. Drives with a little more authority and you don’t have to mash the gas. There is possibly a slight drone but nothing noticeable. I hit sports mode and that is when the trumpets and organs came out to play. Going 80 down i20 in sports mode was flat out loud in the cabin. The dbw kept the car in a lower gear even at 80 where it was around 3500 rpm, when I go to normal mode it’s down around 2500. Then I stoped 20 miles from home and put dbw in aggressive mode and in sports and it sounded like the Indy 500. It was screaming loud, I will have to keep this setup for a month to see how I like it and also see how the car adapts to all the mods with the ecu. You give this car some pedal play and it just has a aggressive growl and a lot of burbles which I like. I don’t drive in manual mode much but I will have to try. Thanks Jason. I’m glad the mufflers have valves cause if it was sports mode 24/7 my neighbors would steal and hide the car
post #15 of 21 Old 05-31-2019, 03:01 PM

InnerCircle

One more question:

Do you hear anything underneath? Some cat pipes have a little bit of a "tick, tick, tick" while idling, like a muscle car sound. When I gutted mine it was bad, so I wrapped them with exhaust wrap - problem solved.

I like it completely silent up front with all the music coming from the back.

Erik Di Somma
2005 Quattroporte
1989 228 (past)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode