LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-06-2019, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
JEM

Maserati Life Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Intermittent transmission issue DuoSelect

I have an occasional issue (about 4 times last 4 months since I bought Car) when I select reverse and reverse may work but after I lift off accelerator it may "beep" and go back to neutral . Originally I thought it may be my "T" lever that doesn't have the detent for reverse, however today it also had similar issue in selecting forward. It has only ever occurred on first start and never out while driving. Today, I also got a "transmission failure" message, but then it disappeared. I turned off car, and came back 30 min later and no issues.
Note: 10,000 km ago clutch was replaced by dealer (before I owned car) - clutch kit, flywheel and clutch position sensor ( I have copy of receipt).
It is 2006 QP with 103,000km

Any idea's. Is it a computer issue or system issue. Note I also get an occasional "suspension failure" message especially in hot weather, however if I turn car off and start again it disappears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-07-2019, 07:58 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 3,561
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Gut feeling is there's something wrong with the clutch, new or not.

I think you need a pro diagnosis, but someone else may have ideas.

C

The Alfisti formerly known as Catman:
4.2 GT Automatic, 147 TS
post #3 of 5 Old 04-07-2019, 01:55 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 136
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
This is a shot in the dark, but perhaps the car cannot sense what position the lever is in properly? I am not sure if there is a sensor involved here, but if so it may just be gummed up.

post #4 of 5 Old 04-08-2019, 03:00 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 1,317
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
I had all kinds of problems like this, it ended up being a problem with the battery negative strap connection. Have them check the connection *at the car* and also the battery, before it fries your transmission computer as it fried mine. You may need a new ground cable.

2005 Quattroporte
Fresno, CA
post #5 of 5 Old 04-11-2019, 11:15 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 39
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
This sound like one of the areas where DIY folks like me and maybe you as well need to get some qualified and properly equipped help. Using the expensive factory diagnostic tools a good independent or dealer should be able to get to the bottom of this issue.
You might want to check your f1 fluid level, just to be sure that it is not the problem. One more simple check: when you open your door you hear the f1 pump come on. It should turn back off in about 5-10 sec. Then not come back on for another 2-3 minutes or more. If your results are way different, then search this problem in more detail. There are a number of failure modes and symptoms to look for.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode