NEWEST Cam Variator Bulletin MTB-200917G 8/10/2018 (2007-2009 QP Auto & GranTur.) - Page 2 - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 Old 04-18-2019, 02:20 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I believe Jason when he says they don't make much coin on this job. Timing the Ferrari cams is a 'real PITA. I think it is done engine-in situ. Dial indicators and all. Sprockets / variators NOT tied to camshafts by way of keyway. UGLY 😐 and totally unforgiving if even a minor amount out. Brings up codes, do it all over again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 04-18-2019, 02:33 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 2,212
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 502 Post(s)
Thank you! All the parts come from Maserati....Parts are a 15-20% margin.. Then we get to take the engine apart and be responsible for the engine and anything else honestly...I would rather just change the brake pads and move on to next car...Not really interested with arguing with people on here..I give you the information best I can and everyone can do whatever.. Regards...Jason

ASE Master Tech. 29 years experience
Ferrari, Maserati, Land Rover, & Jaguar technician.
Guru in Atlanta of Jaguar V12 & XJS cars.
post #18 of 21 Old 04-18-2019, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 186
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] Enzo`s Atlanta View Post
Oh man, you gotta a lot to say...Check it out...We are hardly get rich doing variator jobs...Here is a Fact...I don't care..I gave you some information and insight and you got butt hurt along the way....I have plenty of cars to fix and you can do whatever you want...Good day to you Sir...Jason
I have always respected and valued your expertise on here. I'm not going to entertain your post here...BUT I will give you some "FACTS":

1) You shoot down this post topic here where you are clearly WRONG about Maserati's program helping out on repairs/known issues

2) You shot down everything I discussed in another post topic not long ago about devices out there that have the ability to illegally change the mileage on a Maserati. (You were proved wrong)

3) You shot down another post topic on my findings on a newer solution fix for the Coolant Hose Sleeve that fails behind the engine... you were wrong again

DO YOU NOT SEE A TREND??? Humble up! We all may not be car mechanics on here but alot of us that own these cars are successful, smart and have the intelligence to research and decipher information aka FACTS

It's a two way street and the respect goes both ways. I have always respected you, what you know and the valuable information you have to offer but the etiquette and respect in return from you is not always there and the condescending tone gets old. Read all my topic posts I ever posted under my profile since I've been on here. I'm confident I bring value on here and earn the respect to call you out on this type of ongoing forum etiquette/conduct . Humble-up!...That's all i'm saying. M&MM

post #19 of 21 Old 04-18-2019, 03:10 AM

Ok. What are you looking for? I simply gave you my experience with manufactures....You are aware people can disagree and it's not a total diss or disrespect? Your little rant is way off and all this WRONG shit is funny...Any time you want to answer hundreds of questions and get PMs from people about a Maserati then do it..Please don't ask me a question again...I got nothing for ya....And I sincerely apologize for not being right 100% of the time..As far as you points.
1.) I gave you an honest assessment...Apparently you disagree..
2.) Never proved wrong...Some BS Youtube video...I work with scan tools and ECUs everyday.. I would have to see it..
3.)I forget this one, but I'm pretty sure you were asking me and me not asking you?

As far as my tone..I'm pretty cool with everyone...I'm a direct no BS person..It has worked well for me...I'm pretty polite on ML until people comes sideways at me....Regards..Jason

Jason

Last edited by [email protected] Enzo`s Atlanta; 04-18-2019 at 04:29 AM.
post #20 of 21 Old 04-18-2019, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 186
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] Enzo`s Atlanta View Post
Ok. What are you looking for? I simply gave you my experience with manufactures....You are aware people can disagree and it's not a total diss or disrespect? Your little rant is way off and all this WRONG shit is funny...Any time you want to answer hundreds of questions and get PMs from people about a Maserati then do it..Please don't ask me a question again...I got nothing for ya....And I sincerely apologize for not being right 100% of the time..As far as you points.
1.) I gave you an honest assessment...Apparently you disagree..
2.) Never proved wrong...Some BS Youtube video...I work with scan tools and ECUs everyday.. I would have to see it..
3.)I forget this one, but I'm pretty sure you were asking me and me not asking you?

As far as my tone..I'm pretty cool with everyone...I'm a direct no BS person..It has worked well for me...I'm pretty polite on ML until people comes sideways at me..I just know you are barking up the wrong tree here....Regards..Jason

Jason

Again...I'm not going to entertain this. I obviously proved my point. END OF STORY

All The Best, M&MMM
post #21 of 21 Old 04-18-2019, 04:35 AM

Yep..J

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode