09 qp water seeping into trunk - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-22-2019, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
09 qp water seeping into trunk

I pick up my (new) car from dealer last week in pa. I drove it from pa down to Sc and noticed my luggage in the trunk was damp. Dealer cleaned the car and had it washed at pickup. Dealer though his guy got a little crazy and just sprayed some water in trunk. When I left the dealer and tried to get gas the fuel cap didnít open and I got a emergency parking break failure go to dealer message. Called dealer and he came and got fuel door to open and the parking break message cleared. So when I get home I pulled everything out trunk and pull plastic spare tire panel off and I see about half a gallon of water. The parking brake Ecu was almost swimming. This is when the lightbulb goes off that I may have a leak somewhere. I dried the trunk for a few days in the sun and decided to detail the car today. Once again the carpet by the lower trunk compartment is wet. I ordered a new trunk gasket and will try that. Could the water be seeping in from the taillights. I also see some cracks on the flat trunk molding that runs horizontally on the frame of the trunk. Any help in narrowing the leak would be helpful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-22-2019, 03:30 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 53
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Check the plastic panel between the taillights that is curved to fit the spare tire. This is where water was getting in on mine. (I had a couple inches of water in there) Just needs to be sealed silicone or other sealer.

2011 Quattroporte S, 1987 425i biturbo
post #3 of 4 Old 03-22-2019, 06:05 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 30
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
My 2008 Qp5 was leaking where the roofline meets the rear glass, those seals tend to dry up and create a gap inbetween the body and glass, I had water leaking into the interior headliner and c pillars as well as the trunk, I sealed it with Silicone, no more leaks.

post #4 of 4 Old 03-22-2019, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 38
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks 2fromthecouve !! I took the bolts off and flex sealed the plastic panel back in place. I can see where the water when washing the under carriage would sweep through the old foam seals. I guess over time the foam seals started to fail and it developed a small gap where the water would come in. I thank you for your insight.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode