LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 Old 06-27-2017, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikDiSomma View Post
At approximately $26K USD for that car, I'd run. Fast.

Accidents aside, the close up image of the rear quarter emblem shows poor paint work with orange peel. That coupled with other shortcuts, like a 1st gen grill, make this car not even worth taking the risk.
I appreciate the insight @ErikDiSomma ... and the "collusion" concern @M&MM... and the moderation attention @mods -- thanks. I usually trust my gut but it's such a beautiful car. Sometimes beauty gets me into trouble I'm going to see a 2008 Sport GTS tomorrow (unknown Carproof/Carfax at this time) -- Alcantara! I will report back.

It's quite re-assuring knowing that I've got this incredible resource to bounce questions and ideas off of. Thanks Maserati Life, its contributors, and moderators. Truly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 06-27-2017, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 3,266
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me&MyMaserati View Post
Good to know this is closely looked for. I've seen questionable activity on here in the past where I felt a business was really behind the scenes using different screen name(s) "pumping up their product(s)". Im sure moderators can/have easily picked up on this and took action. Not sure how the software works but we all know how easy it is for someone to hide behind multiple computer IP addresses. This is a great and very valuable website and I would never want to see it tainted.
I've called out businesses that don't identify themselves before and dealing with different IP addresses is usually pretty easy to spot. We can't be everywhere all the time, but we try to keep this a nice place to hang out

LCDave
2006 Coupe CC Blu Nettuno Vintage with Forgestar wheels, FD: DBWEM & springs , BMC filter, SuperSprint De-Cat, custom cat delete headers, custom x-pipe with 100cell race cats, RRP valves, G&S Exclusive Granturismo front bumper
post #18 of 19 Old 06-27-2017, 06:53 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 3,554
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdave View Post
They don't do that here. The Admins leave it to mods to ensure the house is clean. Us mods are simply enthusiasts that volunteered to help. We can see what's happening and by whom and we don't let people pull weird stuff. That's not to say that some unscrupulous character can't post something for sale deceptively, but it's to say that we don't allow any manipulating of posts. What happened to your post happens every now and then to new members and even to others on occasion. The software behind the forum kicks them into moderation and then we approve them. Very easy and I fix one or two every week or so. There are many more that it catches that the user needs to be (and is) banned for spamming. That's why the algorithm is there.
This. In spades. I agree that just because you're not paranoid, it does not mean the world isn't out to get you, but there are limits.

Dave, how did you release that post? I couldn't see anything to let me.

C

The Alfisti formerly known as Catman:
4.2 GT Automatic, 147 TS

post #19 of 19 Old 06-27-2017, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 3,266
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
@Catmanv2 you have PM

LCDave
2006 Coupe CC Blu Nettuno Vintage with Forgestar wheels, FD: DBWEM & springs , BMC filter, SuperSprint De-Cat, custom cat delete headers, custom x-pipe with 100cell race cats, RRP valves, G&S Exclusive Granturismo front bumper

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode