Negotiating Lease Buyout - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-10-2011, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Negotiating Lease Buyout

Anyone have any information on best way to deal with Maserati Financial if you want to buy the car at the end of the lease? I have a 2007 QP EGT that comes off in April. Buyout price is 50k. I want to keep the car but would like to pay less. How much less I am not sure. Looking for direct, hands on experience with this situation. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-10-2011, 03:10 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 311
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysurfs View Post
Anyone have any information on best way to deal with Maserati Financial if you want to buy the car at the end of the lease? I have a 2007 QP EGT that comes off in April. Buyout price is 50k. I want to keep the car but would like to pay less. How much less I am not sure. Looking for direct, hands on experience with this situation. Thanks.
More info on the car (miles, transmission) would be helpful.

2013 GT Conv Nero Carbonio & Cuoio interior
2007 QP Exec. Nero Carbonio & Cuoio interior (Gone)
1967 Jaguar Roadster (long gone)
1968 Fiat 850 Spider (pure fun)
1960 Austin Healy 3000 (Last of the Hungry Ones)
post #3 of 5 Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 4,580
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysurfs View Post
Although I have never negotiated with Maserati on a lease I have in the past done lease deals with Jaguar. What you need to do is to value your car as accurateley as possible by looking at similar cars for sale on the web, eBay and Autotrader for starters. If you find that cars are lower now than the 50 grand, get your evidence together and demonstrate to Maserati why you should pay less. They may or may not go for it, but if they won't, give the car back and buy one off eBay etc at a lower price.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #4 of 5 Old 01-11-2011, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 2
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The vehicle has approximately 30,000 miles, auto trans and is in excellent condition. metallic charcoal exterior, tobacco color interior, alcantera overhead. The websites show similar vehicles being offered between 45-52,000. Those aren't sales prices obviously.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-11-2011, 04:35 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 311
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
That is a lot like the QP I just Bought (same colors more miles). I paid 55K with a new set of Pirelli Zeros. I also saw all the QPs (over 70) on the web. None compared to what I have and I have no regrets.

michaeladler's approach makes sense to me. You have a QP that you know intimately. I would think long and hard before I gave it up for a few Ks to get an unknown.

It's said, "Price is the compensation for a value not received".

2013 GT Conv Nero Carbonio & Cuoio interior
2007 QP Exec. Nero Carbonio & Cuoio interior (Gone)
1967 Jaguar Roadster (long gone)
1968 Fiat 850 Spider (pure fun)
1960 Austin Healy 3000 (Last of the Hungry Ones)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode