Good Morning Everyone:
New to the forum and new to Maserati. I am aggressively looking to purchase a Maserati QP. I really really really like the look, power, and craftsmanship of the QP. I was lucky enough to drive a 2009 Granturismo S two weekends ago and really enjoyed it. Although it would be a great car to drive- just not practical for me plus $150K+ price tag!!!!! I have had a Mercedes, BMW, and currently have a Lexus- all of which have been great cars, but I like something a little more exotic. The QP is the best looking car on the road if you ask me.
Here's the run down on the one I am looking at:
2007 QP (not an executive or sport)- Duoselect with 600 miles on the odometer. Reasonability priced and has not be titled with an individual owner - dealer has always had possession. I am going on the assumption, that this car should be in great working order because of the mileage. I am thinking maybe the tires could need some work and some fluid top-off, but otherwise should be okay (any thoughts?).
The questions I have (reviews on this car are so few and far between- I thought I would go straight to the source- OWNERS of Maserati):
1) I have heard mixed reviews on the Duo-Select. Is it pracatical for an everyday car (I drive 50 miles round trip everyday- highway and city driving)? Is it better to drive in standard mode vs automatic? What the life of the clutch and cost?
2) How aggressive is the maintenance and general cost (ie: just a typical oil change and check-up)? What's with the tires not lasting very long?
3) Anybody know about service at Maserati of Cincinnati?
4) Does the car like to be driven hard (high acceleration / RPM's)?
5) Any other things you could think of I need to know?
I would really like to have one with Automatic transmission, but I can't find one with this low on mileage for the price. I will be purchasing within the next couple of weeks or so. Your input is greatly appreciated.