Maserati Forum banner

Tweaks, Mods and enhancements

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  VeloceRuss 
#1 ·
Why don't we all list our Maserati model and any enhancements we've had done or have learned something useful about. Then the other owners can review the list to see who might be able to help whom.

I'll start.

2005 Quattroporte

- Had an "invisible" trailer hitch mounted to be able to carry our bikes now and then.

- Custom installed stealth radar detector system (K-40)

- Haven't done it yet but I think I have the "play my iPOD" thru the sound system solution figured out.

- Wheels chromed

- Adjustment to clutch to solve hesitation from a stop issue.

Needs:
- ECU remapping for a little more horsepower (Eurotec?)
- Some way to get an elegant "second cup holder" solution.
- Feedback on performance and comfort on other tires (I have the Pirelli P Zeros)

Ken

See less See more
#2 ·
U should check out DMSautomotive based in the UK. They specialize in ECU remapping. I just got my GS ECU done last nite. Its awesome. The immediate effect u can tell is the longer pulling ability in all the gears. Normally, while driving home I would get thru to most of the gears in all traffic conditions. Last nite, I only managed to get to 3rd gear. Never had a chance to go into 4th. I am serious. Send me a mail, we can talk more.

#4 ·
Do the Tubi Mufflers, BMC Air Filter and have Eurotek do the software, it makes more that just a little horsepower. My wife already screamed at me why the car flys!

I told her the dealer did a recall update and this is how it supposed to drive. Good excuse.

I am deliberating on a new set of wheels I have the Sport ones now in Silver I really may go with a 3 piece forged wheel like HRE, a chrome lip and maybe color code the centers, the car is gray with bordoux/black interior this may look nice.
I saw the chrome wheels on the Neiman Edition its ok but it still is not an agressive looking wheel for my taste.
Talked to HRE and Eurotek they say 20*10 and 2*8.5 up fronts will work great.

Radar you will need too, I have a V1 with K40 diffusers in the front and rear, it saves me daily.

And one last option that I will have done is a new Mesh Grill made for the opening in the front, like the Neiman edition. I sourced out the material and need to find s shop to do it for me, I think this will look so much better than the Original Slat design.

Good Luck and enjoy it!

#5 ·
Cambiodesign03 said:
Do the Tubi Mufflers, BMC Air Filter and have Eurotek do the software, it makes more that just a little horsepower. My wife already screamed at me why the car flys!

I told her the dealer did a recall update and this is how it supposed to drive. Good excuse.

I am deliberating on a new set of wheels I have the Sport ones now in Silver I really may go with a 3 piece forged wheel like HRE, a chrome lip and maybe color code the centers, the car is gray with bordoux/black interior this may look nice.
I saw the chrome wheels on the Neiman Edition its ok but it still is not an agressive looking wheel for my taste.
Talked to HRE and Eurotek they say 20*10 and 2*8.5 up fronts will work great.

Radar you will need too, I have a V1 with K40 diffusers in the front and rear, it saves me daily.

And one last option that I will have done is a new Mesh Grill made for the opening in the front, like the Neiman edition. I sourced out the material and need to find s shop to do it for me, I think this will look so much better than the Original Slat design.

Good Luck and enjoy it!
thanks, all great info. I'm interested in the doing the mesh grill too; any information about your experiences on this project will be appreciated.

#6 ·
Lung, aside from the warranty issues with ECU mapping, do you have any hard numbers on performance? The dealers are really anal regarding changing anything from stock. I've been going back and forth with the techs here in Scottsdale Ferrari as they are telling me that if I lowered my suspension, I would 'void' the warranty. YEESH.