WTB: 2005-2006 manual Coupe 4200 (or trade my GranSport) - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-02-2019, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 128
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
WTB: 2005-2006 manual Coupe 4200 (or trade my GranSport)

I love my GranSport, but since I now have another high-tech automated-clutch fast car (DCT BMW M5) I'm now looking to switch up to a more pure stick-shift Maserati.

Looking for a 2005-2006 Coupe. Will buy or trade my GranSport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-03-2019, 03:13 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I've heard that the Oerlikon-Graziano 'box is not super-smooth by way of shift feel. BTW, I corresponded with an independent repairer in the UK and he said that he sees more synchro ills with manual ferrari's with this 'box than with the F1 versions of the same 'box. Mebe more of a comment on individuals' prowess at shifting properly than anything else though (and indeed - different genre of car and typical driver). I think his comment reflects as well that the QP5's he mostly sees (same 'box) are largely run in Normal / auto-mode... 'real hard on clutch / comparatively easy on synchro's (800 ms shift speed) - though not as easy as I am with my double-declutching 😊 .
post #3 of 3 Old 01-03-2019, 03:52 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
To the OP: it's a shame your GS never came with the latest Cambiocorsa/Duoselect Sofast3+ software, further enhanced in the 2007 QP5 S-GT's arrangement - best of all of the automated-manual cars, I think (tho maybe not better than the Challenge Stradale Ferrari or Scuderia?). It seems to me that the Cambio/Duoselect/F1 trans is more of a challenge to fully learn than a regular 6MT car is 😐. I'm told that it CAN be driven smoothly in all traffic situations - but it is challenging to really master.... to say nothing of the proactive maintenance required to keep it healthy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode