Coffe Table Project - Maserati V6 engine block - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 09-03-2018, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lightbulb Coffe Table Project - Maserati V6 engine block

Once upon a time I owned a 1980 Maserati Merak with a 3.0 liter sized V-6 engine. I also purchased an empty block, heads, valve covers and front block cover with the intent of making a Maserati glass topped coffee table using the e-book ďHow To Build Your Own Engine Coffee TableĒ available through Google Play. I eventually sold the Merak but kept the engine block which is from an early 70's Citroen SM, another rare care.

My wife and I recently changed houses and I donít have a man cave to make proper use of a Maserati Engine coffee table. Itís time for the engine to find a new home and someone that can enjoy this piece of Maserati history. Now that Maserati is back to V-6ís for most Maserati automobiles, this V-6 is more relevant than ever.

The block weighs around 65 pounds. The heads are about 20 pounds each so the total weight assembled will be about 100 pounds. I donít have metric bolts to fasten the parts back together and this should available be from a general supply house if the block is used for display purposes. I have no knowledge if the block, heads, or other parts are fit for use as is or with restoration but I believe it will make an exciting coffee table.

I believe I paid about $1,200 for the engine in 2013. Iíll be happy to see it go to a good home for $500 plus whatever the cost of shipping will be. If you're interested I can get a quote for you. Payment via PayPal unless you pickup in person (Chicago area) which will also knock $50 off the price.

PM me if interested. Thanks!

The e-book is fascinating and inexpensive. Here is a link to it:

https://play.google.com/store/books/...FRKHaQodM0wJdg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0942(1).jpg
Views:	59
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	118575   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0941(1).jpg
Views:	53
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	118577  

Bob

'04 Spyder cambiocorsa, Sebring Blue / Beige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode