post #1 of 9 Old 05-25-2018, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 1,365
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Red 2004 Coupe on Bring a Trailer

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...erati-coupe-6/

As usual, it is pretty unwanted. Poor thing. Looks nice, too.

2005 Quattroporte
Fresno, CA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-05-2018, 08:44 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I own an '05 Coupe and agree. The BaT community, in general, isn't interested in "fussy" cars that might require some cash infusion along the way. I see the same comments every time one of these comes up. I take great care of mine but more importantly, my mechanic does as well. Found him on this forum, Craig Waterman. Honest, skilled, dependable. I'm hoping that with time the value will come up as these beauties become more appreciated. We'll see.
post #3 of 9 Old 06-06-2018, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

InnerCircle

I don't know, I think the market is just crazy and it is what it is. I mean, last week on BaT a "clunker car" black Ferrari 308, 1982 model, sold for almost $50K. I mean, this car was in *need*. Rust. Belt service. Wheels. You name it, it needed it. I'd like to own a Ferrari too but no way, brother. I would *never* pay coin like that for a clunker 308. It's plain absurd.

The exotic and specialty car market is not about rational actors considering the "bang for the buck." If that were the case, all the Maseratis from 2002-2012 would be worth double or triple what they are. It is just pure irrational chasing of what-I-don't-know. It's like coveting what's coveted, or something. I don't understand it.

2005 Quattroporte
Fresno, CA

post #4 of 9 Old 06-07-2018, 04:34 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 847
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Auctions engender excitement that is absent from negotiating a fair deal between a seller & a buyer. It happens at all economic strata. Doing due diligence and knowing lots about an offered and desired product is a pre-requisite for bidding with acumen. The opening lyrics from "The Gambler" come to mind.
KTBD
post #5 of 9 Old 06-07-2018, 04:43 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 847
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
On that particular car, all the people actually making bids, not just comments, knew pretty well what mechanicals would likely have to be restored to bring the car to full operational capability at current market value. That's why the bidding stopped where it did instead of going higher.
KTBD
post #6 of 9 Old 06-08-2018, 03:16 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 10
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I bought this car!

I joined this forum a few months ago and have been reading discussions to get educated. I looked at coupes for sale, a few in person and many online. This looked like a good prospect. I was not high bidder, reluctant to go higher without a PPI. After the auction ended I got a PPI (Thanks Jason and Vance!). As expected it will need a clutch replacement soon. I was able to make a deal with the seller. Today I drove it home, 150+ miles, a great ride.

This is my first experience with Maserati. Please wish us luck!
post #7 of 9 Old 06-08-2018, 03:25 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 203
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by masercc View Post
I bought this car!

I joined this forum a few months ago and have been reading discussions to get educated. I looked at coupes for sale, a few in person and many online. This looked like a good prospect. I was not high bidder, reluctant to go higher without a PPI. After the auction ended I got a PPI (Thanks Jason and Vance!). As expected it will need a clutch replacement soon. I was able to make a deal with the seller. Today I drove it home, 150+ miles, a great ride.

Congrats... awesome buy, don't let these non Maserati/ferrari owners scare you with their propaganda. Drive it & enjoy it. Welcome to the club
post #8 of 9 Old 06-08-2018, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

InnerCircle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissthebricksdad View Post
On that particular car, all the people actually making bids, not just comments, knew pretty well what mechanicals would likely have to be restored to bring the car to full operational capability at current market value. That's why the bidding stopped where it did instead of going higher.
KTBD
Obviously your market, and theirs, is different from mine.

2005 Quattroporte
Fresno, CA
post #9 of 9 Old 06-08-2018, 07:00 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by masercc View Post
I bought this car!

Good work you!! You will love the car.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode