08 GT Rims Exchanged for Chrome - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-17-2018, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
08 GT Rims Exchanged for Chrome

I'm looking at having my OEM rims exchange for Chrome, the price is $865. Is that a reasonable price and is it safe to ship the rims?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-19-2018, 02:57 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 1,359
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Have no idea what you are talking about.

Who makes the chrome rims? You mean all four rims for $865? You're exchanging your OEMS for what? A pig in a poke? Some Chinese cast-metal trash?
You need to elaborate if you actually want any advice.

2005 Quattroporte
Fresno, CA
post #3 of 9 Old 05-19-2018, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

For SeanFulop, i find it confusing that you would reply to a post and have nothing intelligent to offer. Please stick to Twitter where maybe your empty rhetoric is desired.

post #4 of 9 Old 05-19-2018, 10:43 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 129
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
If this is LA Wheels on Ebay it took me forever to get the exchange wheel deposit you have to give them refunded. Not great people to deal with.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-19-2018, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Rjohnscharer,
Yes they asked for a $2500 deposit which seemed pretty steep. I definitely do not want to have delays on having my money refunded. Any other recommendations??

QUOTE=Rjohnscharer;908778]If this is LA Wheels on Ebay it took me forever to get the exchange wheel deposit you have to give them refunded. Not great people to deal with.[/QUOTE]
post #6 of 9 Old 05-20-2018, 10:56 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 129
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
From my experience,the quality of the finish was fine,but they are not trustworthy. I sent them 4 perfect in every respect factory 20”
Trident wheels that came off my 5,800 mile cabrio. I took them to UPS for professional packing and shipping. When I finally got my
deposit back they clipped me for $300 saying my wheels were damaged. I have no doubt they do this to everyone.it took 3 months and
several phone calls to the owner who told me that he was sorry but had been busy. They use other people’s money to float their
operation.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-20-2018, 03:03 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 707
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atav8r View Post
I'm looking at having my OEM rims exchange for Chrome, the price is $865. Is that a reasonable price and is it safe to ship the rims?
Its a reasonable price but I wouldn't do it. First, chrome rims are not being done anymore, thats very old school. Second, the chroming process weakens the metal considerably. Its a major PITA to ship them without damage, plus if the process wasn't done well they will have problems with the plating flaking off.

I would 1000% prefer to have them highly polished and clear coated or even do a chrome powdercoat with someone local. If you want a custom look you can do colored faces and polished lips or something unique like that. Then you at least have a vendor who is local to deal with and a finish thats simpler to repair if they should become damaged.

Joel

Moderator for QP M139 Facebook page

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4, 398 AWHP, 1 of 183, Gobs of power and performance, Space for 2

2016 Honda Pilot, Tons of space, seating for 8

2011 Yamaha FZ1, Lots of power and performance, no space

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Automatica. 1 of 141 in the USA in Bordeaux. Lots of style, space AND power!
post #8 of 9 Old 05-20-2018, 07:37 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 49
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWINTRBO View Post
I would 1000% prefer to have them highly polished and clear coated or even do a chrome powdercoat with someone local.

+1 once you get them chrome plated you'll have a very difficult time finding anyone who will be willing to touch them up or refinish them in the future. Chrome powder coating is a much better way to go if you can live with the appearance, it's very easy to refinish if/when you ever get a little too close to the curb...
post #9 of 9 Old 05-21-2018, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

Great advise guys , ill focus on finding a local solution. Thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjohnscharer View Post
From my experience,the quality of the finish was fine,but they are not trustworthy. I sent them 4 perfect in every respect factory 20”
Trident wheels that came off my 5,800 mile cabrio. I took them to UPS for professional packing and shipping. When I finally got my
deposit back they clipped me for $300 saying my wheels were damaged. I have no doubt they do this to everyone.it took 3 months and
several phone calls to the owner who told me that he was sorry but had been busy. They use other people’s money to float their
operation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode