LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-12-2018, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 847
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Auction Prices

Noteworthy items from today's Barrett-Jackson auction in Palm Beach...

2012 QP GTS, Silver over black, 46K miles, still under factory extended warranty, eligible for 2 more years factory extended warranty if ordered before 50K miles, sold for $38.5K. I think somebody got a gonga deal.

2004 Panoz Esperante Spyder, 21K miles, Ford Cobra V-8, 4-speed automatic, Brembo brake setup, sold for $34.1K. Not Italian, but check out this provider if you aren't familiar.

Ciao,
KTBD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-13-2018, 12:15 AM

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 1,367
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
You don't say about the condition of the 2012 QP but yeah offhand that seems like a nice price for this area for sure. Not sure how AZ measures up as far as prices go but it always seems like we're paying a big premium here in CA. When I was buying in 2016 I could not find any Gransport for less than $30K. And these were not all good condition cars, either, none was really excellent or super-well maintained, but still all the prices were over $30K.

2005 Quattroporte
Fresno, CA
post #3 of 13 Old 04-13-2018, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

InnerCircle

Sean, if it were me, I would start looking out of state & paying the shipping premium if the out of state car you want would pass CA emissions.

Re: condition of the GTS, check it out: B-J Lot 132 in Palm Beach. It sure looked primo to me from the online data (incl pix). Of course, for any real bids, I would have had a guy/gal on the ground there. But as you say, you wouldn't have to go all the way to FL to get a good one if you were patient.

Ciao,
KTBD

post #4 of 13 Old 04-13-2018, 04:32 AM

InnerCircle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissthebricksdad View Post
Sean, if it were me, I would start looking out of state & paying the shipping premium if the out of state car you want would pass CA emissions.

Re: condition of the GTS, check it out: B-J Lot 132 in Palm Beach. It sure looked primo to me from the online data (incl pix). Of course, for any real bids, I would have had a guy/gal on the ground there. But as you say, you wouldn't have to go all the way to FL to get a good one if you were patient.

Ciao,
KTBD
Well, I already overpaid for my QP so I'm good for the next few years here. I didn't have to overpay quite as badly as for a Gransport, but still a little expensive paying $23K for a 2005 model in bad need of a new clutch. My general rule is, I don't buy what I can't go see, and I can't go see anything more than 300 miles away. So, that's that. I'm doomed to pay more.

2005 Quattroporte
Fresno, CA
post #5 of 13 Old 04-13-2018, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

InnerCircle

Maybe... or this forum might offer some assistance if you believe in FaceTime, Skype, etc. =;-) Just sayin'.
Ciao,
KTBD
post #6 of 13 Old 04-13-2018, 04:57 AM

InnerCircle

As I remember it, I may have seen the record-setting overpriced Maserati during my search. I went to a dealership in the LA area to see a black 2006 Gransport that was "mint", according to my phone conversation with the manager. When I got there, I found a car with 48K miles on the odo and a *trashed* interior. No exaggeration, the driver's seat bolster looked like my 100-pound dog had taken a big bite out of it. The "sticky buttons" issue was so severe that every piece of black plastic inside was like a bit of tar from the La Brea tar pits. The exterior was OK and it drove nicely but with that going on inside I was like, goodbye. Oh and, their idea of "service records" was the Carfax report. They had zero service records, no one knew when or if this car had ever been serviced for anything.

With all this mess going on, they absolutely *insisted* on getting over $30K for this vehicle! Finally they let me walk right out, and they of course sent the salesman out to my car for that last-ditch pitch, which was "OK OK you win, we'll let you take it off our hands for $30K out the door."

It's California, man.

2005 Quattroporte
Fresno, CA
post #7 of 13 Old 04-13-2018, 05:17 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 671
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
If you are patient they do come around. There was a coupe '04 on CL a week ago for $7900 in LA. 50k miles but looked ok inside out. Clean title, allegedly good running. Not looking to buy so I passed but still....
I think they are still dropping. Wait till another recession hits....
post #8 of 13 Old 04-13-2018, 05:39 AM

InnerCircle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacek View Post
If you are patient they do come around. There was a coupe '04 on CL a week ago for $7900 in LA. 50k miles but looked ok inside out. Clean title, allegedly good running. Not looking to buy so I passed but still....
I think they are still dropping. Wait till another recession hits....
Given the Porsche 911 prices I'm seeing, this is horrible news. I don't want the values to go down. The value of these cars should be at least equal to that of a Porsche 911, considering that they have similar or better performance and a tiny fraction of the numbers were manufactured.

2005 Quattroporte
Fresno, CA
post #9 of 13 Old 04-13-2018, 05:48 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 671
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Just saw a '09 911 with 50kmiles for $39k- not so rosy either...I think it may be time to face the facts- aside of some rare priceless cars our toys have ran their course- the millenials are not interested because the vloggers don't vlog about the "not so old and not so wild" cars....
post #10 of 13 Old 04-13-2018, 07:08 AM

InnerCircle

Well, $39K is a lot more than $7900.

2005 Quattroporte
Fresno, CA
post #11 of 13 Old 04-21-2018, 12:05 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 14
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I bought a 2002 Spyder CC at the Mecum auction in Harrisburg, PA last Aug. Great shape, 22k miles and no reserve. $15k hammer price. A lot of car for the $
post #12 of 13 Old 04-21-2018, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

InnerCircle

That data is consistent with my informal findings. Thanks for the post. I forgot that 2002 had a Spyder CC. I was thinking 2003 for that model.
KTBD
post #13 of 13 Old 04-21-2018, 04:21 AM

InnerCircle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
I bought a 2002 Spyder CC at the Mecum auction in Harrisburg, PA last Aug. Great shape, 22k miles and no reserve. $15k hammer price. A lot of car for the $
Wouldn't happen in California, guaranteed. Plus this whole deal about "be patient," that doesn't give a real image of the market price. The true price of a car today is given by this: suppose you were assigned the task of buying a 2005-07 Quattroporte (for example) by the end of the week, within 200 miles of your current location. Period. That is your assignment. Whatever you have to pay, you pay. *That* determines a true price. This business of waiting around for months or years for "the perfect deal" and then crowing about it online, that's trash. It provides no useful information.

2005 Quattroporte
Fresno, CA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode