Priceless reactions - Maserati - Maserati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 Old 01-23-2013, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 1,425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Priceless reactions - Maserati

I have to tell you what happened a few hours ago. I was in a building's elevator, 2 couples in their 60s entered the elevator. I was wearing a T-shirt (it's hot in Miami) with a Ferrari logo on it.

One of the men asked me with a smile if I own a Ferrari. I said no, but I used to own a Maserati Quattroporte sold several months ago.

All of a sudden their faces dropped, 2 of them said "WHAAAAHHHH a Maserati" and they left with big smiles.

Priceless reaction. The Maserati name was more important and prestigious for them than Ferrari.

I hope the new models will continue to bring such reactions and comments.

17 Ghibli S - 17 Range Rover Supercharged - 14 Cadillac CTS (gone) - 12 BMW 535 (gone) - 07 Quattroporte ZF (gone) - 06 Audi A8L (gone)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 Old 01-23-2013, 10:30 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 293
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why'd you sell the qp?

D

Maserati Granturismo MC Convertible
Maserati Ghibili
Lamborghini Aventador 50th Anniversario
Ferrari FF x2
Ferrari 599 GTO
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari 458 Spider
Ferrari F12
Ferrari 599
Ferrari California
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Mercedes Benz SLR Mclaren 722
McLaren P1
Porsche Cayenne GTS
Porsche 991 GT3
Porsche 918
post #3 of 58 Old 01-23-2013, 11:39 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
I have to tell you what happened a few hours ago. I was in a building's elevator, 2 couples in their 60s entered the elevator. I was wearing a T-shirt (it's hot in Miami) with a Ferrari logo on it.

One of the men asked me with a smile if I own a Ferrari. I said no, but I used to own a Maserati Quattroporte sold several months ago.

All of a sudden their faces dropped, 2 of them said "WHAAAAHHHH a Maserati" and they left with big smiles.

Priceless reaction. The Maserati name was more important and prestigious for them than Ferrari.

great story. not sure how old you are, but maybe because you're younger than them and have owned a Maserati...

I have a Ferrari tshirt too, and cant wait until i can wear it, and someone asks me the same question, and i can proudly say "yes I have a Ferrari AND a Maserati!"

2012 GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS - wife's car
2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2013 Chevy Suburban
1996 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta - recently traded.
2006 GranSport - Anniversary blue - traded. great car!

post #4 of 58 Old 01-23-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:

I hope the new models will continue to bring such reactions and comments.

Whenever someone asks me if I have a ferrari, I just say that I have a honda. It makes you look normal in others eyes and they wont treat me differently because of the car.

D

Maserati Ghibili
Ferrari FF x2
Ferrari 599 GTO
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari 458 Spider
Ferrari F12
Ferrari 599
Ferrari California
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
McLaren P1
Porsche Cayenne GTS
Porsche 991 GT3
Porsche 918
post #5 of 58 Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,024
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Come on now Dan! Are you kidding me?

'13 Gran Turismo Sport (Grigio Granito/Nuovo Sabbia)
'07 Quattroporte Sport GT (Nero/Beige)
'67 Austin Healey 3000 MK III (Maroon/Black)
'61 Jaguar Mark II 3.8 (Black/Red)
'10 MINI Cooper S Clubman (dark silver/black)
post #6 of 58 Old 01-24-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russarch View Post
Come on now Dan! Are you kidding me?

Nope, I really hate being treated differently because of my car's. When my son was in 10th grade I dropped him off in a 612 and his bio teacher saw it and started calling him "moneybags" ever since then I promised to myself I'd never be seen in one unless I'm out with people I know.

Maserati Ghibili
Ferrari FF x2
Ferrari 599 GTO
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari 458 Spider
Ferrari F12
Ferrari 599
Ferrari California
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
McLaren P1
Porsche Cayenne GTS
Porsche 991 GT3
Porsche 918
post #7 of 58 Old 01-24-2013, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
Nope, I really hate being treated differently because of my car's. When my son was in 10th grade I dropped him off in a 612 and his bio teacher saw it and started calling him "moneybags" ever since then I promised to myself I'd never be seen in one unless I'm out with people I know.
Very good point Dantheman. Unfortunately your son's 10th grade teacher is a douchbag, and I would have complained to the principal or superintendent To call him"moneybags" is uncalled for and something the teacher could have been terminated for.

A similar story..a fellow doc at work has a Lambo Gallardo and everyone knows...guess he doesn't hide it well but NO one at work knows I have a Maserati and 2 Porsches. It's no ones business and I drive them because I love to, not to show off...

But I think the point is that we drive cars that we love, and are very lucky to be able to afford. I hope I can speak for my fellow members when i say that we don't buy Maseratis or Ferraris to show off.. If so that would be very lame IMHO.

2013 Chevy Suburban
post #8 of 58 Old 01-24-2013, 03:13 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 392
I agree, it's for the love of the game! The driving experience in these cars is the most gratifying part, in my opinion :P

2006 Maserati Gransport LE - Grigio Nuvolari / Cuoio Sella
2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXI - Black / Black

"Once you go Italian, you'll stick with your stallion"
post #9 of 58 Old 01-24-2013, 04:03 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,584
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gransport View Post
Very good point Dantheman. Unfortunately your son's 10th grade teacher is a douchbag, and I would have complained to the principal or superintendent To call him"moneybags" is uncalled for....
+1

Very inappropriate. A single comment could be forgiven as a slip up, but for it to continue??? Not acceptable. Kids are sensitive enough to the crap they take from their peers, let alone a teacher.

I try to be discreet and few know what I drive, especially at work, but I also don't let it significantly change how I live my life or enjoy my car. I suppose everyone has to find their own balance, though.

1989 Zagato Spyder
1967 Mistral 4000
2006 GranSport (sold)
post #10 of 58 Old 01-24-2013, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 1,425
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
great story. not sure how old you are, but maybe because you're younger than them and have owned a Maserati...I have a Ferrari tshirt too, and cant wait until i can wear it, and someone asks me the same question, and i can proudly say "yes I have a Ferrari AND a Maserati!"
No, it had nothing to do with me. The Maserati name, for wathever reasons, brought a bigger reaction than Ferrari. This is great (and wanted to share) because it means that the brand still carries something magic and exciting for some people. They clearly liked Ferrari but Maserati made then react in a bigger way.

I hope the new models will continue to bring such reactions and comments (beauty, sexiness, performances, sound, ...).

Quote:
When my son was in 10th grade I dropped him off in a 612 and his bio teacher saw it and started calling him "moneybags" .
Stupid people, and doing this to a child!

Quote:
Why'd you sell the qp?
I traveled most of the 2nd half of 2012 (still need to travel a lot these next months), I wanted to change my 07 QP for something more recent or new, it did not make sense to keep QP in a garage for over 9 months without being driven. I loved QP, such a beauty, the sexiest sedan on the road. Time to move on to something more recent. So, if all continues to go well, later this year I plan to add a model such as a Ferrari 612, a Maserati GranTurismo, a recent QP (not the new body), a Ferrari California or an Aston Martin (DBS/DB9/Rapide). The 612 is on top of the list.

17 Ghibli S - 17 Range Rover Supercharged - 14 Cadillac CTS (gone) - 12 BMW 535 (gone) - 07 Quattroporte ZF (gone) - 06 Audi A8L (gone)
post #11 of 58 Old 01-24-2013, 05:38 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,015
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
When my son was in 10th grade I dropped him off in a 612 and his bio teacher saw it and started calling him "moneybags" .
Of course he did.

Probably muttered under his breath something akin to, "...must be a one percenter! Gotta redistribute the wealth so he's gotta pay more taxes. For sure that will stop the fiscal problems; that's what my latest union mag said."

Ahh, that's what 40 years of the "progressive education system" (or as Dr. John sang, "edumacation") gets us.

It astounds me that this country has changed so drastically in only two short generations.

Sorry for the rant. I agree with those that said you had reason to report this moron, though the union would have protected him I'm sure. Just like they did that pedophile in Jersey or New Yawk awhile back. Disgusting.
post #12 of 58 Old 01-24-2013, 06:41 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 5,887
Quote:
No, it had nothing to do with me. The Maserati name, for wathever reasons, brought a bigger reaction than Ferrari.
How do you know how they would have reacted if you were wearing a Maserati shirt and replied, "no, but I have a Ferrari"?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

https://www.instagram.com/revtravis/

(SOLD) 2004 Coupe Cambiocorsa, Rosso Mondiale/Nero
Larini mufflers & X-pipe, Sport cats, FD sport springs, FD DBWEM, BMC air filter, FD brake pads
post #13 of 58 Old 01-24-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Very good point Dantheman. Unfortunately your son's 10th grade teacher is a douchbag, and I would have complained to the principal or superintendent To call him"moneybags" is uncalled for and something the teacher could have been terminated for.

A similar story..a fellow doc at work has a Lambo Gallardo and everyone knows...guess he doesn't hide it well but NO one at work knows I have a Maserati and 2 Porsches. It's no ones business and I drive them because I love to, not to show off...

But I think the point is that we drive cars that we love, and are very lucky to be able to afford. I hope I can speak for my fellow members when i say that we don't buy Maseratis or Ferraris to show off.. If so that would be very lame IMHO.
Teacher was removed from his post.

D

Maserati Ghibili
Ferrari FF x2
Ferrari 599 GTO
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari 458 Spider
Ferrari F12
Ferrari 599
Ferrari California
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
McLaren P1
Porsche Cayenne GTS
Porsche 991 GT3
Porsche 918
post #14 of 58 Old 01-24-2013, 10:09 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 5,887
Quote:
I hope I can speak for my fellow members when i say that we don't buy Maseratis or Ferraris to show off.. If so that would be very lame IMHO.
You would be amazed. Over the years, we have seen post after post pontificating on the importance of the "brand" and how important it is that others recognize it as being very expensive. Just dive into the threads on the upcoming "affordable" QP and you will see that how others view theses cars is VERY important to many owners.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

https://www.instagram.com/revtravis/

(SOLD) 2004 Coupe Cambiocorsa, Rosso Mondiale/Nero
Larini mufflers & X-pipe, Sport cats, FD sport springs, FD DBWEM, BMC air filter, FD brake pads
post #15 of 58 Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Teacher was removed from his post.

D
Very nice! I'm so glad to hear that Dantheman. Guess still some justice left in the world

2013 Chevy Suburban

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode