Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nicely put russarch

2012 GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS - wife's car
2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2013 Chevy Suburban
1996 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta - recently traded.
2006 GranSport - Anniversary blue - traded. great car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 60 Old 01-26-2013, 06:49 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by russarch View Post
I think Maserati does enjoy a nice place in the public conscious right now For the most part, the Maserati name is associated with a heritage of exotic european sports cars. The name sounds exotic, its sexy and Italian and people recognize it, although they may not even know what a Maserati looks like. The company's lower profile, as compared to brands such as Ferrari and Lamborghini, allows it to avoid the negative feelings that some people have to those brands. I think most people associate the brand with quality, luxury, performance, excitement and a little mystery without being over the top or in-your-face. I think car enthusiasts look at Maserati and appreciate it for all those reasons and others.
+1 Agreed

2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD Advance Pkg (25k in damage and counting) :-(
2005 CLK500 (paid in full)
2005 GSX-R1000 (paid in full)
2006 Maserati Coupe Vintage Pgk (Larini X-Pipe..Eboltron Aux Adapter)(Traded in)
post #33 of 60 Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Life Posts: 1,425
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJF View Post
The attention I get from people when I'm in the car has been great, not intrusive, always favorable.
That's my experience too. People were always enthusiastic when they saw QP and mentioned the name. It's an asset for the brand.

Quote:
I think Maserati does enjoy a nice place in the public conscious right now For the most part, the Maserati name is associated with a heritage of exotic european sports cars. The name sounds exotic, its sexy and Italian and people recognize it, although they may not even know what a Maserati looks like. The company's lower profile, as compared to brands such as Ferrari and Lamborghini, allows it to avoid the negative feelings that some people have to those brands. I think most people associate the brand with quality, luxury, performance, excitement and a little mystery without being over the top or in-your-face. I think car enthusiasts look at Maserati and appreciate it for all those reasons and others.
Exactly

17 Ghibli S - 17 Range Rover Supercharged - 14 Cadillac CTS (gone) - 12 BMW 535 (gone) - 07 Quattroporte ZF (gone) - 06 Audi A8L (gone)

post #34 of 60 Old 01-26-2013, 11:17 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 4,580
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Very well put-I think you have it absolutely right!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #35 of 60 Old 01-28-2013, 04:56 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 68
Had some friends over and eventually we ended up in the garage to stare at my cars. One guy who already had been for a ride in my Ferrari F355, was checking out the '67 Alfa Spider when he suddenly noticed the QP and just about lost his damn mind. He pointed at the badge on the hood and exclaimed, "Rick...this is a Maserati!!!! This is incredible. I want to go for a ride in this car." Later he said, "It is for sure my favorite of your cars". PS All of their wives definitely dug the QP too. Chicks dig this car and can't resist getting in to check it out.

post #36 of 60 Old 01-28-2013, 12:19 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,024
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I think that says it all. Maserati is just a cool brand right now. Who knows how long that lasts, but people really dig the cars. However, I've noticed that some people that value performance above everything else will often pan the cars because they can't do 0-60 in under 4 seconds, but you'll never appeal to those guys. They don't understand the brand and maybe that's okay.

'13 Gran Turismo Sport (Grigio Granito/Nuovo Sabbia)
'07 Quattroporte Sport GT (Nero/Beige)
'67 Austin Healey 3000 MK III (Maroon/Black)
'61 Jaguar Mark II 3.8 (Black/Red)
'10 MINI Cooper S Clubman (dark silver/black)
post #37 of 60 Old 01-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 2,554
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
some people that value performance above everything else will often pan the cars because they can't do 0-60 in under 4 seconds, but you'll never appeal to those guys. They don't understand the brand and maybe that's okay.
More true words spoken Russarch

On top of that, most folks who have any sense of history of cars, tend to hold a special affection for Maserati. It's amazing the impression the brand leaves in generations even when memory of facts and figures have faded...

And as for native Italians... well I am convinced Maserati must be some part of their school curriculum because they all 'get it'. I remember driving the QP around northern Italy and, my, what a lovely sense of joy and appreciation was shared.

2007 Quattroporte Sport GT Auto
FD DBW, FD ECM
post #38 of 60 Old 01-29-2013, 03:22 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,584
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Yes!! I was talking to an older Italian gentleman at about his Maserati 200SI. You could hear the emotion in his voice, especially when he recounted the moment when he realized that he'd won the auction and had the pleasure of paying a couple $M for the shiny silver beast with all of its battle scars. He got a bit choked up recollecting, and apparently cried at the auction! It was all about the history for him, childhood memories, etc. He certainly did "get it".

1989 Zagato Spyder
1967 Mistral 4000
2006 GranSport (sold)
post #39 of 60 Old 01-29-2013, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

InnerCircle

Maserati Life Posts: 4,261
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
I can tell you that the brand has lots of positive vibes here in the mother country

1934 - 1938 - 1982 - 2006

BigFoot's YouTube Channel dedicated to Maserati
post #40 of 60 Old 01-29-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoot View Post
I can tell you that the brand has lots of positive vibes here in the mother country
And not to confuse this thread, but these are the qualities of Maserati I think of when I look at the new QP and wonder if that's the right direction for the company. Is that the sort of car that's consistent with Maserati heritage or does that take it in a new direction. While it doesn't have to be consistent with its past, we all value and appreciate that on some level (some more than others). And you can lump that in with the issue of increased production volumes, the addition of an SUV, etc. All these things are going to happen and we'll see what the results are in the end. However, while the sentiments shared on this thread are pretty esoteric and only exist in people's minds, they create a real bond between the cars, their owners, and to some degree, popular culture. Maserati will have to deftly thread the needle in order to avoid damaging that bond, while creating new ones with the next generation of owners.

post #41 of 60 Old 01-29-2013, 01:16 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 5,887
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
And not to confuse this thread, but these are the qualities of Maserati I think of when I look at the new QP and wonder if that's the right direction for the company. Is that the sort of car that's consistent with Maserati heritage or does that take it in a new direction. While it doesn't have to be consistent with its past, we all value and appreciate that on some level (some more than others). And you can lump that in with the issue of increased production volumes, the addition of an SUV, etc. All these things are going to happen and we'll see what the results are in the end. However, while the sentiments shared on this thread are pretty esoteric and only exist in people's minds, they create a real bond between the cars, their owners, and to some degree, popular culture. Maserati will have to deftly thread the needle in order to avoid damaging that bond, while creating new ones with the next generation of owners.
There are dozens to reasons to buy, or not to buy, any car. In the end, no single car is perfect for everyone. What does the current generation og Maseratis (GT/QP) offer owners that the new generation won't?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

https://www.instagram.com/revtravis/

(SOLD) 2004 Coupe Cambiocorsa, Rosso Mondiale/Nero
Larini mufflers & X-pipe, Sport cats, FD sport springs, FD DBWEM, BMC air filter, FD brake pads
post #42 of 60 Old 01-29-2013, 11:05 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 74
I just saw this thread and had to share an experience. I was walking out of a Starbucks toward my '02 Spyder, rosso mondiale with tan interior, prominently parked on a city street and shining in the sun. While I was still maybe 40 feet away from the car, I see a man pointing at it and gesticulating with his hands, clearly enthused and describing the car to two children. As I got nearer I can see he's probably their grandfather... maybe in his 60s or so, with two boys aged ~ 6 and ~8. And getting still closer, I realize he is speaking 100% ITALIAN (this, in my hometown of Greenville, SC). This is The Italian Guy straight out of central casting... his hands are waving wildly in the air and he's speaking 1,000 words per minute to his grandkids, all in Italian.... even pointing with a stabbing finger to the Maserati badge on the front! When I approached and he realized I was the owner, he asked in very broken English if he can get his photo with the car. Which of course I obliged. I've had some good fun in this car, but this moment was one I'll always remember.
post #43 of 60 Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 PM

Maserati Life Posts: 1,584
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Priceless! Fantastic story, thanks for sharing it. My wife used to work at Furman, so I can picture the scene well.....hard to image in Greenville!

1989 Zagato Spyder
1967 Mistral 4000
2006 GranSport (sold)
post #44 of 60 Old 01-30-2013, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisJ View Post
There are dozens to reasons to buy, or not to buy, any car. In the end, no single car is perfect for everyone. What does the current generation og Maseratis (GT/QP) offer owners that the new generation won't?
We'll see. Clearly, the new QP will be packing more power into a bigger package. Is that what people want? Does a Maserati limousine stir the same passions as the current edition QP - despite all its shortcomings. I'm curious to find out. For a new generation of owners who have no history with Maserati, it may not make any difference at all. That is until they stop by this forum and hear owner's like us waxing poetic about our cars. Hopefully, they will be able to do the same.

post #45 of 60 Old 01-30-2013, 06:06 AM

Maserati Life Posts: 33
Quote:
We'll see. Clearly, the new QP will be packing more power into a bigger package. Is that what people want? Does a Maserati limousine stir the same passions as the current edition QP - despite all its shortcomings. I'm curious to find out. For a new generation of owners who have no history with Maserati, it may not make any difference at all. That is until they stop by this forum and hear owner's like us waxing poetic about our cars. Hopefully, they will be able to do the same.
That's what the Ghibli is supposed to do, isn't it? Replace the current QP as the sportier sedan in the Maserati range?

At the end of the day, Maserati needed a large sedan to play in their fastest growing markets (US, China) and that's where the new QP comes into play. Personally, I'd have preferred to see them retain the QP name for the small sedan for continuity's sake and use a different nameplate for the limo, but unfortunately that's not how things worked out.

I've sat in the new QP at NAIAS and it's a proper luxury sedan with usable rear seats and trunk. There's definitely a segment of more rational customers (your German car buyers) to whom the typical Italian car eccentricities will be a ding rather than a pull!

'06 Maserati GranSport (Nero Carbonio)
'08 BMW E90 335i
'07 Alfa Romeo 147 (Sold)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List